Board logo

Tiger Avon Pinto Engine Mounts
flak monkey - 13/3/19 at 12:07 PM

Long shot - anyone done an engine swap on their Tiger and have a set of pinto engine mounts spare?

jps - 13/3/19 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Long shot - anyone done an engine swap on their Tiger and have a set of pinto engine mounts spare?

I do believe that I do! I bought some Pinto engine mounts a long time ago off someone on here - and they turned out to not suit the Haynes I am building. I still have them - will just try and look up my old u2u's to see what exactly they were sold to me as...

Mr Whippy - 13/3/19 at 12:44 PM

if its the rubber mount I found the old ford transit diesel mounts much nicer with a lot less noise transmitted.

If its the metal brackets, Fords ones were heavy and I just made my own with some pipe and some plate.

flak monkey - 13/3/19 at 01:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jps
I do believe that I do! I bought some Pinto engine mounts a long time ago off someone on here - and they turned out to not suit the Haynes I am building. I still have them - will just try and look up my old u2u's to see what exactly they were sold to me as...

That would be great, thank you.

Matth93 - 13/3/19 at 04:42 PM

I will be helping a mate take a pinto out of his tiger in the next few weeks to put a st170 in,so there will be some mounts from that. He is registered on here as Kegco message him and he might be able to help

big_wasa - 13/3/19 at 08:23 PM

I’ve got a pair from an mk Indy. Still live by the river ?

flak monkey - 13/3/19 at 08:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
I’ve got a pair from an mk Indy. Still live by the river ?

Near wisbech now...

big_wasa - 13/3/19 at 09:29 PM

I get that way as well, let me know if you want them .

melly-g - 14/3/19 at 10:34 AM

Me again Sera,

I've got some as well.

flak monkey - 14/3/19 at 03:38 PM

Thanks all, think I am sorted.