Board logo

7 style nose cone plus other body parts WANTED
the Doug - 23/11/19 at 07:43 PM

I'm building a Midlana. Looking for a locost 7 style nose cone(GBS, robin hood, MK, Westfield etc)

Also looking cycle wings and rear wings.

Hugh Paterson - 23/11/19 at 08:17 PM

Hi Doug , I used to manufacture the grp bodywork for the locost and the Haynes roadster but been working full time on marine Mouldings for 8 years or so. I have some 2nds lying at back of workshop u can have cheap or I still have the moulds for 2 possibly three different nose cones and 2 or three widths of rear and front cycle wings. Would need to compare widths and heights to see if suitable for your use. Think there’s a vented scuttle and one or two bonnets there as well, the nose cones bonnet and scuttle are from a track/race Westfield I no longer have. Prob have pictures of some of these in my photo archive if u want a look or will fwd them by msg when I get 5 mins to take new pics
Regards Hugh.

Barkalarr - 23/11/19 at 08:22 PM

I’ve got a donkercort style nose cone for a Locost or MK.
£300

Hugh Paterson - 23/11/19 at 08:24 PM

There’s a few pairs of tatty rear wings and prob half a dozen front cycle wings lying in storage as well, just need widths to see if suitable for your use. New in a colour of your choice wouldn’t be difficult next couple of weeks though. I use surplus resin from larger jobs to keep price out of them.

Mash - 23/11/19 at 08:29 PM

I have a pair of MK rear wings in white and some cycle wings in blue. They're yours if you want them, but you'd have to collect them from Dorset.

the Doug - 23/11/19 at 09:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Barkalarr
I’ve got a donkercort style nose cone for a Locost or MK.
£300

Thanks for the offer, a little out of my price range. Plus it will need modifying to my midlana. thanks anyway.

the Doug - 23/11/19 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mash
I have a pair of MK rear wings in white and some cycle wings in blue. They're yours if you want them, but you'd have to collect them from Dorset.

thanks for your response. I am interested in these. I could collect them from you, do you have pics?

Mike Wood - 24/11/19 at 10:19 AM

Hugh

Are you interested in selling the moulds for the Locost stuff?

Thanks
Mike

Hugh Paterson - 24/11/19 at 12:18 PM

Hi Mike, these are commercial moulds, I don't do much automotive stuff now but still use em for existing customers. I'm a Boatbuilder and GRP Toolmaker though, duplicates wouldn't be a prob. There's a difference between hobby and commercial tools though but in willing to "haggle" I don't fear competition. You would be hard pushed to beat me on price or quality!

Mash - 24/11/19 at 02:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the Doug
quote:
Originally posted by Mash

thanks for your response. I am interested in these. I could collect them from you, do you have pics?

No pictures I'm afraid, but there's nothing structurally wrong with them. The rears are probably OK with a bit of a polish, and have stainless (I think) wing protectors on the front. Fronts are blue but with a few chips in the paint revealing bright yellow underneath.

Don't want anything for them.

Edited to add that, I actually have a picture of the car around the time I bought it with the wings on. It's in my photo archive.

[Edited on 24/11/19 by Mash]

the Doug - 24/11/19 at 03:04 PM

Mash, any pics of these that you have would be appreciated.

I think I found the one in your archive, I will get back to you on this, thanks for your response.

[Edited on 24/11/19 by the Doug]

Hugh Paterson - 10/12/19 at 09:20 PM

swanny - 12/12/19 at 12:39 PM

there is a guy on the rhocar forum who is selling of loads of used body work