Board logo

Locost GRP back panel, bonnet and scuttle and side panels
scotlad - 2/8/20 at 03:51 AM

Hi folks, im struggling to source a GRP back panel, bonnet, scuttle and side panels for my Locost. It's all ones that are fitted just now and are a bit tired. I'd prefer GRP but I'm struggling to find anyone who makes them any more. Haynes roadster ones appear available (and are often described as Locost) but they're all generally bigger than the book Locost.

Anybody have any of the above in reasonable nick they would sell or know of anyone who actually still makes them?

Cheers

Graham

rusty nuts - 2/8/20 at 05:49 AM

Might also be worth asking on the locost section on Facebook?

chillis - 2/8/20 at 09:57 AM

I assume you've tried Al's locost bodyshop?

MikeR - 2/8/20 at 11:17 AM

What's the web address / contact details of Al's?

chillis - 2/8/20 at 03:22 PM

http://alsbodyshop.co.uk/agm_sports_cars_2_010.html

Edwardo - 2/8/20 at 10:10 PM

I tried contacting them before, got no reply.

scotlad - 3/8/20 at 11:21 AM

Edit it wasn't Al's I got.

It was a bloke called Ian, but he's stopped doing them too

i got Al on the phone recently. He stopped doing the Locost GRP panels last year

[Edited on 3/8/20 by scotlad]

Vmax1974 - 5/8/20 at 07:14 AM

Have you tried Equinox products I know they were doing Haynes Parts a few years ago

Edwardo - 5/8/20 at 09:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vmax1974
Have you tried Equinox products I know they were doing Haynes Parts a few years ago

I messaged them back in March and they are only doing the Roadster GRP not Locost anymore

It seems nobody is actively making Locost GRP anymore - but these people must still have the the moulds sitting around doing nothing? Why don't they sell them and let someone else supply?

I might ping them another message and ask about the moulds actually.

Edwardo - 5/8/20 at 11:08 AM

Just had this reply from Equinox :-

"Hi Tony, sorry we only do the Haynes kit. We do not have the moulds for Locost, i really do not know who does make them. It'd be a google search. Regards, Karen"

The hunt for moulds continues.......

procomp - 5/8/20 at 12:36 PM

Hi. i still produce the locost bodywork for our race cars.

Nose cone, scuttle, rear panel, front and rear wings, rear wings available in 2 different widths and a few differing styles of front wings. we dont use fiberglass bonnets or side panels. plenty of pictures of the cars on my Fb page.
if any interest just msg me on the Fb page.

Cheers Matt https://www.facebook.com/Procomp-motorsport-376574512390043

scotlad - 5/8/20 at 12:38 PM

Fabulous vthanks for letting us know Matthew, I'll get back to you shortly 👍👍👍