Board logo

covered trailer hire
BenBrooks - 8/2/21 at 08:45 PM

Anyone know of any hire companies doing covered trailers in Surrey? Winner in Guildford are no more, sadly, and struggling to find anyone else.

Moving house and have to move a partially dismantled Haynes cross country. The weather's not looking like it's going to play ball. The last time I used a car cover and I will not being doing that one again!

Cheers!

andrew.carwithen - 8/2/21 at 10:47 PM

I know its not trailer hire, but one of my customers unable to travel because of Tier 4 lockdown, recently used a company called Dunt Barn Logistics https://duntbarn.com/ (based in Hurst) to pick up his kit order from us in Devon. They used an enclosed shuttle type trailer.
Apparently they were delivering a vehicle to Cornwall and picked up the kit on the way back. Thus they split the cost between them.

steve m - 8/2/21 at 11:02 PM

I dont know the size of your car, but a luton van takes a complete locost, ive done it
You might have to take the nosecone off ( i didnt) and with the nose/front wheels on the tail lift, a couple of freinds lifted the back and then rolled the car forward until on the van

Getting off was the same

Choices were £20 an hour, but i dont know now

BenBrooks - 10/2/21 at 09:30 PM

cheers for the responses - I'll have a look at transport companies again. I'd ruled them out as I thought they were going to be far too expensive but worth having a look again

Luton van won't work, I don't think. The car is complete, just having an engine swap so some body panels are off. Going to be too heavy to lift.

I remember when I took the chassis to be shotblasted in the back of a Luton! A long time ago now!

gaz_gaz - 14/2/21 at 10:35 AM

How long do you need it for and where abouts in Surrey are you?
I know someone with a sprint shuttle based at Dunsfold who i usually give £100 a day to borrow.

BenBrooks - 15/2/21 at 04:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz
How long do you need it for and where abouts in Surrey are you?
I know someone with a sprint shuttle based at Dunsfold who i usually give £100 a day to borrow.

Think we may be sorted now but thanks for this, will bear in mind for the future