Board logo

Indy Rear Wishbone Nut
Jubal - 1/6/07 at 02:54 PM

The pics below show my left and right rear upper wishbones. The left seems to have lost its locknut on the bit that does the camber adjustment. Does anyone know what size this is and where I can get one? Please ignore the liberal coating of CV joint grease! TVM

leftrearwish
leftrearwish

rightrearwish
rightrearwish

graememk - 1/6/07 at 03:04 PM

herrrm, i'd best check mine tonight as i'd lost one even before sva, i called mk and they posted me one.

Jubal - 1/6/07 at 03:14 PM

That's a result. I was going to ring them first but the thought of sending them a cheque for a single nut was holding me back!

Just rung 'em and it's a standard 20mm half nut. Job done.

[Edited on 1/6/07 by Jubal]

StevieB - 1/6/07 at 03:14 PM

If there's one part of the car that needs to belt and braces appraoch to threadlock and lockwire, it's those nuts!

I've heard a couple of stories of people finding a rear wheel seriously out of shape only to find the nuts had loosed competely off - not worth thinking about if it happens at speed

StevieB - 1/6/07 at 03:14 PM

If there's one part of the car that needs to belt and braces appraoch of threadlock and lockwire, it's those nuts!

I've heard a couple of stories of people finding a rear wheel seriously out of shape only to find the nuts had loosed competely off - not worth thinking about if it happens at speed

Jubal - 1/6/07 at 03:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by StevieB

Pretty much what happened to me. Came off track and someone pointed out the massive degrees of camber I was running!

StevieB - 1/6/07 at 04:15 PM

Loctite, lockwire, welded, tie wrap and cover in black nasty (just to be sure!)

asn163 - 1/6/07 at 05:14 PM

We replaced ours a with a nyloc.

Simon

Jubal - 1/6/07 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by asn163

Simon

Both nuts with one nylock?

esn163 - 1/6/07 at 08:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jubal
quote:
Originally posted by asn163

Simon

Both nuts with one nylock?

yep the outside ones not moved since

Ed

tim windmill - 2/6/07 at 08:06 AM

nyloc nuts, i'll second that .We lost one nut on our indy and replaced the nuts with one nyloc no problems since.