Board logo

Possible Group Buy - Aluminium Fabricated Radiators
mccsp - 5/1/11 at 10:31 PM

Not sure if this is the best place to post this or not!

I have been thinking about upgrading my Polo radiator to a higher efficiency Alloy fabricated one.

I have made a couple of enquiries, and I am awaiting further information, but would there be much interest if I were to pursue this further?

The savings may be dependant on qty and supplier, awaiting further information, but Radtec, who have radiators on eBay they are offering the following prices, along with a pic (taken from their ebay add):

Radtec Group Buy Prices
Radtec Group Buy Prices

I am not sure i have space or the wallet capacity for the thicker rad, so would be primarily looking at the 57mm core.

May be able to get better prics elsewhere, just looking to get initial feedback.

This obviously doesn't include delivery prices etc. (Radtec charge £18-20 on eBay)

Feedback please.

BigFaceDave - 5/1/11 at 10:56 PM

I dont want to hi jack your thread but I looked into having a custom made ally rad recently and got some rather scary prices varying from £550 up to just over £1100, after a bit of messing around with quotes I eventually managed to get a caterham triple core one off ebay, Just after I got that someone told me about a place called Boston radiators in Boston Lincs so I got a quote and I believe it would be out of copper rather than ally but I was quoted £160, I dont want to discourage anyone from your bulk but just thought I would share that as I have been told they do very good work and are very reasonable! there number is 01205 369555 also they are on ebay there user name is dilley3613

big_l - 5/1/11 at 11:29 PM

I would be interested in 1

irvined - 6/1/11 at 04:13 AM

Count me in.

franky - 6/1/11 at 07:01 AM

As a side note i've a 76mm one on my car(not to the polo design though) by Radtech and its a fantastic bit of kit.

mccsp - 7/1/11 at 10:35 PM

Sorry guys. Looking like there is not going to be enough interest. If that changes I will be in contact

matt_gsxr - 10/1/11 at 01:13 PM

don't give up too easily. There will be more people, they just haven't noticed this yet