Board logo

this looks like its crying out for a big busa engine
imp paul - 19/12/07 at 10:32 PM

very cool http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pheonix-002-single-seater-race-car-Monoposto-hillclimb_W0QQitemZ220184541917QQihZ012QQcategoryZ2192QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

thunderace - 19/12/07 at 10:54 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORMULA-JEDI-RACING-CAR-PRICE-REDUCED_W0QQitemZ200184402598QQihZ010QQcategoryZ18308QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
or this

lsdweb - 19/12/07 at 10:54 PM

It's not easy to tell from the pictures but the rear end may all hang off th Hewland. If so, it'll be a major job to recreate the rear around a bike engine - been there!

Wyn

athoirs - 19/12/07 at 11:06 PM

That’s quite an ingenious anti roll bar on the front - vertical??

adithorp - 20/12/07 at 12:10 AM

Looks like one of Dermot Healey's

adrian

worX - 20/12/07 at 06:21 AM

Thats what I was thinking Wyn! (apart from the "been there" bit!)
Steve

quote:
Originally posted by lsdweb
It's not easy to tell from the pictures but the rear end may all hang off th Hewland. If so, it'll be a major job to recreate the rear around a bike engine - been there!

Wyn

lsdweb - 20/12/07 at 08:12 AM

Been there to get here !

Wyn

oadamo - 20/12/07 at 10:02 AM

can you take these cars to any trackday.
and whats needed to run one on the day because its wont have an mot or insurance. anyone. iam serisley tempted to buy it.
adam

[Edited on 20/12/07 by oadamo]

02GF74 - 20/12/07 at 10:16 AM

and where does one put the shopping and kids in one of those, assuming it would ever get over Sainsbury's car park speed bumps?

the futrue's bright, the future's volvo.

Dermot Healy - 20/12/07 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by worX
Thats what I was thinking Wyn! (apart from the "been there" bit!)
Steve
quote:
Originally posted by lsdweb

Wyn

Yes...it is one of mine.

I'm told there are much more pleasurable ways of losing your eyesight than peering at eBay pictures. Much easier to ring me up and ask what you want to know.

Rear suspension is mounted on transverse alloy sheer plates + steel tubular extension of chassis. Whilst the
gearbox is an integral part of the rear of the car, and has a structural function, it would be possible to remove it and still be left with the original rear suspension geometry and a framework which could be adapted to provide a home for a diff/chain sprocket etc........so........ whilst i can't imagine it is a 'straightforward' job it must still be significantly less complex & demanding than theorising on forums.

If you need to know more about this delightful project ring me on 07703-162409

(Calls may be recorded for purposes of private amusment & subsequent public ridicule)

twybrow - 20/12/07 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dermot Healy
quote:
it must still be significantly less complex & demanding than theorising on forums.

Nice! Subtle like a brick!

lsdweb - 20/12/07 at 07:09 PM

I'm with Dermot here - converting to a bike engine would be far simpler if you could retain the original rear suspension etc..

Far easier would be to drop a modern Ford engine in! A Zetec would probably bolt straight onto the Hewland and away you go! Eligible in most speed events and I'm sure it would be competitive!

Wyn

[Edited on 20/12/07 by lsdweb]

gazza285 - 21/12/07 at 12:11 AM

Just don't sell Dermot your gearbox at a "competetive" rate eh Wyn.

2b_pablo - 21/12/07 at 09:13 AM

that looks a lot of fun for not much cash!