Board logo

Do road registered super cars get any more super than this?
TimC - 25/8/08 at 12:19 PM

830kgs Dry!!!

blakep82 - 25/8/08 at 12:24 PM

i think i just soiled myself

grazzledazzle - 25/8/08 at 12:26 PM

I can't believe that pedal box arrangement! You would need bloody small feet to get under that cross member?!

TimC - 25/8/08 at 12:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by grazzledazzle
I can't believe that pedal box arrangement! You would need bloody small feet to get under that cross member?!

Good point; I'll use it as a point to haggle him down a bit!

Seriously, imagine turning up at Le Mans in THAT!

blakep82 - 25/8/08 at 12:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TimC
quote:

Good point; I'll use it as a point to haggle him down a bit!

Seriously, imagine turning up at Le Mans in THAT!

or work, or the pub, or the cinema, or home, or...

RK - 25/8/08 at 12:37 PM

Yeah, but where could you park it?

blakep82 - 25/8/08 at 12:38 PM

its got reverse sensors lol parking will be a peice of cake

andylancaster3000 - 25/8/08 at 12:42 PM

quote:

It's the rack I think. Fairly typical of lots of old race cars to have your feet forward of the rack. Might need to invest in a pair of shin pads if using it on British roads!

Humbug - 25/8/08 at 01:10 PM

danna, danna, danna, danna,
danna, danna, danna, danna, Batman

worX - 25/8/08 at 01:31 PM

I'm not sure how much I like it, but those pictures really do a good job of selling it!

Steve

russbost - 25/8/08 at 01:55 PM

Not exactly locost tho' is it?

mr henderson - 25/8/08 at 02:02 PM

The front lights, not only no good SVA wise, but also outside the Construction and Use Regulations. Wonder how they managed to make that road legal (well, in a sense, they didn't)

Nice car though.

John

adithorp - 25/8/08 at 06:28 PM

Group C cars were basically prototypes and just about road legal with wets on. I used to see a bloke collecting his Sunday papers in a Joest Porcshe an few years ago.
The 962 was available as a customer car to teams other than the works team unlike its predecesor (959?) but never seamed as quick as the works cars. Runs in my mind the car was £250000 + £250000 for the engine and gearbox.

That ones got Le-Mans bodywork for the pre-chicane 250mph Mussane.

mr henderson - 25/8/08 at 07:07 PM

They could only be road legal if they had headlights at or above the minimum height, and the one in the link doesn't. It may well be road registered, but road legal it ain't. That car could be stopped and booked by any policeman who wanted to.

Maybe it was tested with different front bodywork. Maybe it wasn't tested. Maybe it was tested in NZ where maybe the rules are different.

Still a nice car, I've always liked them.

John

procomp - 27/8/08 at 07:36 AM

Hi if it has been used for road use. The first thing you would want to do is have all the magnesium suspension components tested.

Friend brought one and was going to race it asap. He was very glad he never after finding quite a few cracked suspension items. But it has to be said it has run almost faultlessly since. That is why they are still such a reliable car for privateers at the 24H races. No highly technical bits every where just good old simple engineering.

Cheers Matt