Board logo

Advice on a compressor
dubzter - 21/2/15 at 08:44 PM

Looking for some advice on a compressor that's been offered to me. Don't know much about it and not a lot out there on t'interweb so thought I'd try here.

Anyway it's an Azenda 150L tank, 3hp motor and single phase. It doesn't come with any hose but it fires up ok and seems to keep pressure.

So has anyone got any knowledge on the brand or this model?

Here are a couple of pics.

BigGeoff - 21/2/15 at 08:50 PM

found this thread on Retro rides

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/147238/heard-azenda-compressors

coozer - 21/2/15 at 09:05 PM

Looks ok, depends what you what to use it for?

Should be good for a private garage, tools, spraying, etc..

What do you want to be doing with it??

mark chandler - 21/2/15 at 09:14 PM

It will be fine for a low pressure spray gun and short burst tools such as rattle guns, rivit guns and the like.

It will not support grit blasting, air die grinders or other windy tools unless you are prepared to stop using them every 20 seconds.

I,d crank it up to 150psi and make sure it can restart at 100psi, my 3hp direct drive onevstruggles to get going in the cold.

dubzter - 21/2/15 at 09:38 PM

Well I'm just about to start my build plus the stripping of the donor car so will probably be ratchet, impact wrench, riveter, nibbler, chisel, etc. Might see if I can learn to spray as well. It'll all be DIY stuff so sounds like it might be alright plus it's a freebie, I just have to pick it up 100 miles away.

Cheers for the advice folks.

indykid - 22/2/15 at 08:20 AM

The receiver's 23 years old.

I'd have the end bungs out for a visual inspection and pressure test it with water before I ever thought of winding the pressure up.

No idea on the cost of paying someone to test it, though I imagine most of the cost is insurance on their part. You should be able to rig up a pump and gauge cheap enough though.