Board logo

beading alloy pipe
Schrodinger - 15/8/21 at 01:26 PM

Does anybody have a tool for beading a 32mm dia, alloy pipe?

nick205 - 19/8/21 at 12:56 PM

Can you buy a bit of pre beaded alloy pipe to suit?

IIRC you can buy a variety of straight and curved sections to suit the routing you need.

Schrodinger - 19/8/21 at 07:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Can you buy a bit of pre beaded alloy pipe to suit?

IIRC you can buy a variety of straight and curved sections to suit the routing you need.

Yep I did but have decided to do the piping slightly differently and need to shorten one of the pipes.

big_wasa - 19/8/21 at 08:03 PM

I’ve made a couple up, but loaned them out. Are you thinking about going to Stonleigh ? If so I can try and see if I can get one back.

It will do alloy and steel but not stainless as it’s to hard.

[Edited on 19/8/21 by big_wasa]

Schrodinger - 19/8/21 at 09:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
I’ve made a couple up, but loaned them out. Are you thinking about going to Stonleigh ? If so I can try and see if I can get one back.

It will do alloy and steel but not stainless as it’s to hard.

[Edited on 19/8/21 by big_wasa]

Unfortunately not as I am too far away atm but if you could find one I would happily pay the postage and return to you.

big_wasa - 20/8/21 at 10:18 AM

Ok I will see what I can do.

big_wasa - 23/8/21 at 08:34 PM

Martin was good enough to drop one of tonight. Ping me your address and I will see if one of my kids will post it.
Cheers

Schrodinger - 3/9/21 at 10:06 AM

The tool has arrived, thank you very much, how much do I owe you, how do you want it paid (bank transfer, paypal, cash in the returned package)? and what is your address?

thanks again for the loan, it's worked a treat.

[Edited on 3/9/21 by Schrodinger]

big_wasa - 3/9/21 at 12:32 PM

Your welcome.
Nothing post is on me, pass it on when your done with it.
It's nothing special but like you say gets the job done.

Wasa

Schrodinger - 3/9/21 at 04:13 PM

Wasa
Thank you very much and I will pass it on as and when.

thanks

Charlie_Zetec - 6/9/21 at 10:35 AM

I will have need for this, but not for a few weeks yet (if someone else has a more pressing requirement). Happy to take a ticket for the queue if that's how it's going? And more than happy to cover postage etc.

Schrodinger - 6/9/21 at 04:02 PM

Drop me a pm with your address and I'll pass it on.

big_wasa - 20/3/22 at 01:33 PM

My mate Nick is in need of the loan of this if it’s still floating around on here please ?

Charlie_Zetec - 21/3/22 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
My mate Nick is in need of the loan of this if it’s still floating around on here please ?

I used it and passed it onto someone on the WSCC forum end of last year - will see if I can find out who, and drop them a message to see if it can be located....

big_wasa - 21/3/22 at 01:05 PM

That would be great thanks

Schrodinger - 17/9/23 at 11:11 AM

Did you get the beading tool back?

big_wasa - 20/9/23 at 09:02 PM

No,

Both vanished

Charlie_Zetec - 20/9/23 at 09:06 PM

Apologies, but I explained to Schrödinger in a U2U that I passed it on to another on the WSCC forum - in the same manner it was sent to me (free to use but pass on afterwards)!

It’s now done a few rounds, but I can’t seem to find out where it ended up as not everyone who used it is a member anymore. Sorry!