Board logo

The Metalist
David Jenkins - 18/8/21 at 03:16 PM

I've been watching what this man does... totally OTT, but magnificent!

nick205 - 18/8/21 at 03:26 PM

OTT?

I think not - working in a nice environment with decent tools and equipment is a pleasure. A decent tool chest makes a difference, for me it encourages me to tidy up and put tools away properly.

Nice to watch him working too.

David Jenkins - 18/8/21 at 03:52 PM

I was thinking about the "Spiderman" design when I said OTT!

There's a link at the end leading to his welding bench - I am extremely jealous... not that I would have anywhere to put it...

nick205 - 19/8/21 at 10:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

There's a link at the end leading to his welding bench - I am extremely jealous... not that I would have anywhere to put it...

Indeed - I too would probably spend endless time making a welding bench, if I had space for it!

Many years ago I worked for a company that did machining and fabrication. The lead welder there had made himself a wheeled welding bench with a 1" thick 6' x 6' steel top. It was just magical to work on, but you had to leave it spotless ady for his return!

nick205 - 19/8/21 at 12:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

Indeed - I too would probably spend endless time making a welding bench, if I had space for it!

Many years ago I worked for a company that did machining and fabrication. The lead welder there had made himself a wheeled welding bench with a 1" thick 6' x 6' steel top. It was just magical to work on, but you had to leave it spotless ready for his return!