Board logo

Virgin doubling broadband speeds again
Jasper - 28/9/12 at 09:22 AM

Good old Virgin, they're going to double my broadband speed again early next year, so it'll be up to 60Mg for £20 a month, now that's got to be a bargain .....

T66 - 28/9/12 at 09:37 AM

And heres me excited about ditching oranges 1.2mb for Skys 3mb -

hearbear - 28/9/12 at 09:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
Good old Virgin, they're going to double my broadband speed again early next year, so it'll be up to 60Mg for £20 a month, now that's got to be a bargain .....

Don't hold your breath for that time mine has been moved from the early part of this year to near xmas now

Davey D - 28/9/12 at 10:28 AM

i loved how they advertised a FREE doubling of my broadband speed earlier this year. I then got a letter through a few weeks later saying that they will have to increase the price of my package... grrrrrrr

Jasper - 28/9/12 at 10:42 AM

Maybe it was other bits of your package, I just have their Broadband and phone, nothing else, and have been paying the same for years now and at least 3 doubling of broadband speeds.

dlatch - 28/9/12 at 11:21 AM

all well and good until it gets over sold in your area and ends up being slower than 1mb

mookaloid - 28/9/12 at 11:35 AM

This is just another example of the great divide in this country where I can't get a reliable 0.5MEG in my house in a village but in towns and cities they just keep doubling it up to 60MB

I'm very pleased for you mate but I'm feeling a bit discriminated against here

Phil.J - 28/9/12 at 04:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
This is just another example of the great divide in this country where I can't get a reliable 0.5MEG in my house in a village but in towns and cities they just keep doubling it up to 60MB

I'm very pleased for you mate but I'm feeling a bit discriminated against here

Same here in South Staffs, I'm restricted to 1.9Mb and there is no early prospect of a speed increase.

Proby - 28/9/12 at 05:58 PM

I got a 'free' upgrade from 50meg to 120meg a few months back, then as said, a letter dropped through the door from virgin saying, sorry we are putting your bill up by £3/month or some small amount. About time I called them as been on my current TiVo setup for over 12 months, it time to barter again!!!

Ninehigh - 5/10/12 at 08:19 PM

Again? They're yet to double ours the first time round!