Board logo

Logging in from the US
GonzoRacer - 11/3/13 at 06:21 PM

Hi-
One of my friends on this side of the Atlantic is having trouble with the site. He sent me this message earlier today-

quote:

Yesterday, I tried to register and everything went well. Their confirmation email came through and I became a full member. Logging in yesterday was hit and miss. Sometimes it would automatically have me registered when I went to their site, sometimes I would have to go thru the login screen, other times, I could not login no matter what I tried. The problem is, I cannot login today. I tried erasing my browser history and cookies. I tried rebooting my computer. Nothing helped.

Any suggestions? I can forward info to him, if you wish me to.
Thank you-
JD Kemp

britishtrident - 11/3/13 at 06:31 PM

First step is try a different browser -- Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome

GonzoRacer - 11/3/13 at 06:37 PM

That was quick! I've forwarded that suggestion on to him. I'll report back later with his results.
Thanks!

liam.mccaffrey - 11/3/13 at 07:17 PM

i lived in the states for 18 months and logged in everyday without issue. Both with firefox and IE

rx7locost - 11/3/13 at 08:58 PM

Gents, I thank you. At least for the interim. I am the person that GonzoRacer was talking about. It seems that I have no problems logging in when using Google Chrome. My problem is that I use IE9. That is the browser of choice for me. It is what I'm used to. What can I say?

So it would appear that my issue is with IE9 and this website software or just my setup in IE. Any help in getting IE to work would be appreciated.

Chuck

GonzoRacer - 11/3/13 at 09:14 PM

Hey Buddy! Ya know, you look good in Chrome...

JDK

skodaman - 11/3/13 at 11:03 PM

Thought you were after a job as a lumberjack for a minute.

mcerd1 - 12/3/13 at 08:44 AM

no issues with IE9 and this site on my win7 x64 machine (no special settings or plugins)