Board logo

Debt collectors using embarrassment?
Alez - 4/11/09 at 01:58 PM

I was wondering if there are any companies like THIS ONE in operation in the UK and if they are any popular there.

The main difference between that company (very popular in Spain) and a conventional debt collector company is that they make use of people's embarrassment rather than court.

Thanks for any help

Alez - 4/11/09 at 06:26 PM

Oh OK, not very popular then!

mad-butcher - 4/11/09 at 06:37 PM

I think he'd be the embarassed one if he came onto my estate dressed like that, plus the druggies would think his bag was full of money and kindly relieve him of it.

tony

Alez - 4/11/09 at 06:49 PM

Peteff - 4/11/09 at 08:19 PM

He looks like the b@$t@rd from the Go Compare advert, I would personally beat him round the head with a 3x2 if he started singing.

Alez - 4/11/09 at 10:23 PM

Definitely not very popular around here

balidey - 4/11/09 at 10:58 PM

My brother is a repo man, has been for many years. The best way to get a result is to be inconspicuous. He used to take a dog with him. Is that the repo man? nah, just a bloke walking a dog. Or he would ask at neighbours houses if so and so is in as he has a delivery for them. Get lots of info on people that way.

So, I can't see the embarrassment factor working

Alez - 4/11/09 at 11:11 PM

Sorry about my English, "repo" man? I'm just too curious not to ask, sorry!

JUD - 5/11/09 at 08:29 AM

Repo = Repossession

Alez - 5/11/09 at 09:10 AM

Cheers

Ninehigh - 7/11/09 at 08:40 PM

"Another plays the bagpipes until payment is received. "

I wouldn't have to pay them one of the next-door's would be having a word with them!

Someone like that followed me round I'd go wandering down some little alley and then politely tell them if they follow me back out they won't be able to do so next time!

Mind you last time debt collectors came kicking off here (British tactic appears to be "send a letter saying you owe us money pay up or we'll rape your dog" ) I sent them a letter demanding to prove it and they vanished. Oh well

[Edited on 7/11/09 by Ninehigh]