Board logo

Franky Boyle stand up Ch 4 now
Andybarbet - 18/4/10 at 09:21 PM

Well funny

liam.mccaffrey - 18/4/10 at 09:32 PM

I wouldn't cross the road to watch him (or Dennis Leary for that matter) which is a shame as they are both funny guys. Just go too far sometimes.

Didn't mean to p1ss on your chips, sorry

[Edited on 18/4/10 by liam.mccaffrey]

woodster - 18/4/10 at 09:39 PM

i'm watching

hicost blade - 18/4/10 at 09:51 PM

Multi tasking.........Solidworks, Locost builders, WSCC, Franky Boyle

chris.russell - 19/4/10 at 10:08 AM

loved it

scootz - 19/4/10 at 10:46 AM

Had a few chortles...

Jasper - 20/4/10 at 02:58 PM

Went to see him in Brighton that night, he was VERY funny, but definitely takes it too far sometimes, I had to keep checking that the wife was still laughing before I could give it some!

His support was superb, Canadian guy called Craig Campbell, would happily watched an hour of him too.

Sore cheeks and hangover Monday morning ......

ChrisW - 21/4/10 at 09:28 AM

Same experience as you Jasper. I thought it was great, but the Mrs said he went too far.

Chris

scootz - 21/4/10 at 10:54 AM

I think he gets away with it because he's genuinely funny... too many 'comedians' just come out with shock-lines for the sheer hell of it!

Mind you, I still think that Billy Connolly is the stand-up who sets the bar! I've been lucky enough to be in his company socially a few times and he is incredibly charismatic. He just has this aura that makes you want to listen to everything he says. That said, he seems genuinely interested in other people and lets you do most of the talking - makes you feel right at home!

Extremely intelligent and very socially aware - if I had to be marooned on a desert island with another human being, then it would have to be my wife or Billy Connolly!

iank - 21/4/10 at 11:11 AM

If you think Frankie's hardcore try listening to, the sadly deceased, Bill Hicks.
Very very funny IMO.