Board logo

IVA Compliant alternatives for bonnet catches
PaulM - 20/10/15 at 08:55 PM

Other than those big chunky rubbery IVA compliant catches like this one.... here What other options work well and would be compliant? Has anyone tried aerocatches?

MsD - 20/10/15 at 09:04 PM

I have an aerocatch on mine as many others do, it passed iva last year and its lockable! Win win.
Mark.

PaulM - 20/10/15 at 09:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MsD
I have an aerocatch on mine as many others do, it passed iva last year and its lockable! Win win.
Mark.

Cool... any pictures? I guess I'd need four with two down each side?

Bluemoon - 20/10/15 at 09:29 PM

Duz, 1/4 turn, pain to fit but I like them

Linky: Duz fitting

Dan

[Edited on 20/10/15 by Bluemoon]

z2000 - 21/10/15 at 06:46 AM

Yep same for me as MsD, four AeroCatches in the four corners of the bonnet. Passed IVA in September.

If you look at my photo below, you can make them out...if you want better photos let me know.

Cheers,

Henry

Multi-View
Multi-View

jps - 21/10/15 at 07:53 AM

That bodywork looks NICE! Hope I get panel gaps as good as that!

z2000 - 21/10/15 at 10:59 AM

Thanks

Daddylonglegs - 21/10/15 at 11:45 AM

Like Bluemoon, I used Dzus on my old Locost, fiddly to fit but nice and neat, and secure!

Smoking Frog - 21/10/15 at 12:11 PM

Dzus catch pic.
Bonnet vent
Bonnet vent

PaulM - 21/10/15 at 05:43 PM

Thanks for the replies..... Z2000, could you share some pics of how you've mounted the pin behind the catch?

I think the aerocatches are going to be the best option although I prefer the flush version as I could probably paint them body colour. Dzus are neat but would be a pain if I needed to get the bonnet off in a hurry I think.

z2000 - 21/10/15 at 09:44 PM

Hi,

I hope this helps....

If you want more photos I can take some next week when back at the car.

Basically I just marked the centre of the box section of the chassis and drilled straight through, then there is a nut and washer above and below the chassis which secure and set the height of the pins.

The holes were cut in the bonnet for the catches themselves by using masking tape and marking a centre line. Then using the supplied cardboard template it was easy to cut the main hole.

Once that hole is cut the catches sit inside and you can mark and drill the securing bolt holes and attach it.

Cheers.

Henry

PaulM - 23/10/15 at 10:48 AM

Great, thanks.... I do like the aerocatches :-)