Board logo

Other bodies?
caber - 3/3/08 at 12:00 AM

I know this subject has been well aired. I was wondering how easy it would be to fit a Fury or Phoenix body to a locost chassis, failing this are there any other kit car closed wheel designs that could be easily adpted?

TIA

Caber

PAUL FISHER - 3/3/08 at 12:12 AM

The WLR can be fitted on a Indy chassis. Rescued attachment wlr.jpg
Rescued attachment wlr.jpg

scotty g - 3/3/08 at 07:44 PM

The old tiger Storm moulds were bought last year and were being modified to fit a Locost chassis.

scotty g - 3/3/08 at 07:45 PM

The front was going to be changed to a removable/flip front and also get a restyle at the same time.

Benzine - 3/3/08 at 08:07 PM

Does anyone know the fibreglass/resin costs for a bodyshell like the ones above? Very rough ballpark figure?

scotty g - 4/3/08 at 05:48 PM

i would think that something like the above could be done at a retail cost of about £1,500.

Benzine - 4/3/08 at 07:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scotty g
i would think that something like the above could be done at a retail cost of about £1,500.

retail cost? Do you mean that's the price it'd sell for? I was wondering how much the materials would cost if i were to make something of a similar size myself. Thanks for any info

DIY Si - 4/3/08 at 07:33 PM

Whilst being built on a slightly different chassis, with a little modding, the Epona shell is supposed to fit, although how much work will be required is yet to be seen.

Rogue Se7ens - 5/3/08 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
Does anyone know the fibreglass/resin costs for a bodyshell like the ones above? Very rough ballpark figure?

I would guess the body would weigh around 100 pounds, so hand laying with mat would take around 5 gallons of resin ($100.00 US) and 25 yards of mat ($35.00). This would be a very rough guess, but you can see that materials wouldn't be bad, I spend around $150.00 to $175.00 on materials to lay up a Cobra body.