Board logo

peugeot electrics
eccsmk - 27/10/09 at 06:02 PM

here's a nice little puzzle for you all to try and help me with

my mother has a 52 plate peugeot 307
with a 6 disc cd player (all cd's stored in head unit)
now the radio will work while ignition is on but the cd will only work when the headlights are on
so technical guys and girls any ideas?

scotlad - 27/10/09 at 06:29 PM

has the car had its 'comm 2000' indicator/ light stalks replaced yet? They were famous for going wonky causing all sorts of wierd electrical maladies!!! A quick google of them will explain........

theconrodkid - 27/10/09 at 06:30 PM

sounds like no power from the fusebox then you get a back feed when the lights are on....i would go for water in the fuse/relay box

jase380 - 27/10/09 at 06:49 PM

as above, sounds like the cd player pulling a live through the lighting circuit..... good look

Ben_Copeland - 27/10/09 at 07:05 PM

Mmmm more quality electrics from peugeot.

Certainly sounds like its drawing current from the light circuit. Very strange

adithorp - 27/10/09 at 07:19 PM

I've got a customer with the same problem and also the radio sometimes comes on after the key is removed. Trouble is it's intermitent and disapears whenever I try and track it down. Seems to be related to the circuit board for the clock where the radio also displays info' but thats as far as I've got before the symptoms disapear.

adrian

l0rd - 27/10/09 at 08:03 PM

If it was a normal cd changer in a normal radio, then there is only power from the head unit.

Being a Peugeot though i do not know. Did you notice yet if the rear 3rd brake light is on all the time and goes off when she applies the brakes?

eccsmk - 29/10/09 at 10:22 PM

update
it seems there was a fault in the switch (the stalk control for the radio)
and the head unit
ive no idea what these faults were but my electrical genius of a friend sorted it out

thanks locosters looks like you all had the correct idea