Board logo

Using a simple on of switch for hazard is it possible ??
tompat3463 - 18/8/11 at 05:05 PM

Got indicators and all on my build but need to wire up a hazard now... is it possible to use just a on off switch for the hazards or not ??

this is what i've got thus far

Description
Description

[Edited on 18/8/11 by tompat3463]

spiderman01980 - 18/8/11 at 05:35 PM

good question to ask as am about to do the same thing, i know you can buy a hazzard swicth and it comes with a relay but am sure you can just cross the wires over, depending on what relay you`ve got, my loom is off a gpz900 and i`ve looked on the relay and says it can be used for hazzards even thou the bike never came with a hazzard switch.

irvined - 18/8/11 at 06:03 PM

You can use any double pole switch, or a single pole switch and a double pole relay, or if you want to go push button, you can use a changeover headlamp relay a momentary on switch and a double pole relay.

irvined - 18/8/11 at 06:06 PM

The reason you need a double pole switch, is that with a sinigle pole one, both directions are permenantly connected to the same contact, meaning when you use the direction indicators both sides would flash.

You couldw also use heavy duty diodes if your useing led lights the load would be low enough.

tompat3463 - 18/8/11 at 06:19 PM

yeah. cheers for the infi.. am noo good with electrics any chance of a diagram as am no further forward mate..

cheers Alan

RK - 18/8/11 at 06:36 PM

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=141829

this is ONE way to do it. The diodes stop the indicators flashing all the lights every time you use the indicator switch.