Board logo

Fuel Level Senders
AntonUK - 13/11/14 at 01:05 PM

Hi All,
I have the land rover discovery fuel pump/sender fitted to my car. Ive come to wire up the fuel level sender, and found that the sender is backwards to usual resistance readings.

Full tank is around 30ohms where an empty tank reads about 230ohms.

My guage expects it to to be the other way around.

Any ideas or tricks, I can't be the first to come accross the problem?

blakep82 - 13/11/14 at 01:18 PM

How about this?
https://www.spiyda.com/magento/index.php/vehicle-electronics/fuel-gauge-electronics/fuel-gauge-wizard-mk2.html

monkeyarms - 13/11/14 at 01:20 PM

I have the Fuel Gauge Wizard in the post above, it was very easy to wire up, a bit of a faff to calibrate but it works ok.
Mines on a Fiesta Mk4 sender to ETB gauge.

davew823 - 13/11/14 at 01:24 PM

The easy fix is to just put a 180 degree bend in the the float arm. But I would also verify the resistance range of the sending unit to the gauge to make sure you get the correct readings before installing. Dave W

AntonUK - 13/11/14 at 02:53 PM

Thanks all, but im my attempt to moddify it, i busted the PCB which the tracks ran on... i shall have to do without until i can get another.

snapper - 13/11/14 at 04:12 PM

Old Sierra sender runs backwards
I U soldered the wire and resolder ex to the other end of the variable resistor track
Does read full but never reaches empty
Have a CBS guage fixer ready to wire up

rusty nuts - 14/11/14 at 04:26 AM

Another vote for a Fuel Gauge Wizard, worked on my car

Northy - 14/11/14 at 10:33 AM

Fuel Gauge Wizard - just the thing I need for my car!

Thanks,

G

alfasudsprint - 10/3/15 at 10:53 AM

Anthony- how did you get the LR pump in the tank? I notice you used a cork like material plus an ali ring on top with allen headed bolts, what do they fix into?

cheers

sorry or being off topic!

907 - 11/3/15 at 07:47 AM

I bent my arm when I fitted mine.

Oooo, that doesn't sound right.

Paul G

( mine runs on 10v )

[Edited on 11/3/15 by 907]

AntonUK - 14/3/15 at 02:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alfasudsprint
Anthony- how did you get the LR pump in the tank? I notice you used a cork like material plus an ali ring on top with allen headed bolts, what do they fix into?

cheers

sorry or being off topic!

Cut a hole and dropped the assy inside. Ita clamped in by a ali ring bolted into the tank with rivnuts.

HTH