Board logo

Recommend a decent battery charger
Shooter63 - 7/1/18 at 05:07 PM

As the title really, can anybody recommend a decent battery charger, the one I have was originally for my bike so hasn't got the greatest grunt.

Shooter

Charlie_Zetec - 8/1/18 at 12:37 PM

I've got a couple of Ctek trickle chargers that I use on my bike and the Landy (which has two AGM sealed deep-cycle batteries) and never had any issues with them. Friend of mine uses an Optimate and raves about it, does a similar job of cycling the battery as well as charging.

Bigboystoys - 8/1/18 at 12:40 PM

I also use an Oxford optimate and never had any problems, only downside is they seem to struggle charging a battery that is really low ie 5 volt or so

nick205 - 8/1/18 at 02:01 PM

Can't recall the model no. but I've had a Halfords one for several years. Charged a few 2.0 diesel engine batteries with it no problem.

ken555 - 8/1/18 at 02:49 PM

Lidl this week

BenB - 8/1/18 at 04:04 PM

I use a Ring RSC508 for all my charging. It's great. You can leave it on charge permanently, its got a desulphate function and it's good for 8A but you can also set it to 2/4/6 amps. Not cheap but....

The only bad thing about it is it has an led light powered by a non rechargeable battery. But seeing as I never use the light..

jelly head - 8/1/18 at 06:41 PM

+1 ctek

Rescued a few batteries for me over the years

NigeEss - 9/1/18 at 05:37 PM

This one gets good recomendations, Just over £57 if you have a trade card.

Bought one yesterday but yet to use it.