Board logo

CD player multichanger
LBMEFM - 17/5/18 at 06:54 PM

I have a Ford Transit with a cassette player, however, on the front of it, it says CD changer compatable. Can I just buy any CD multi changer and plug it in, there seems to be a plug beneath the steering column.

loggyboy - 17/5/18 at 09:18 PM

Will need to match the brand.

LBMEFM - 18/5/18 at 03:09 AM

Cheers loggyboy, I have managed to find a Ford Tranny 6006 CD player/radio that directly replaces the current cassette player for £20. Why did Ford fit cassette players in Transits in 2005, they must have a load left over from the 70/80's.

Mr Whippy - 18/5/18 at 06:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
Cheers loggyboy, I have managed to find a Ford Tranny 6006 CD player/radio that directly replaces the current cassette player for £20. Why did Ford fit cassette players in Transits in 2005, they must have a load left over from the 70/80's.

Cos their total cheap skates...

r1_pete - 18/5/18 at 08:01 AM

I just bought a period corect Blaupunkt radio cassette, and 10 disc changer for my 88 porsche, I was amazed how cheap they are going for now....

McLannahan - 18/5/18 at 08:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
I just bought a period corect Blaupunkt radio cassette, and 10 disc changer for my 88 porsche, I was amazed how cheap they are going for now....

Really?

I'd like a period one/OEM for my 1989 Golf but they seem to go for crazy money?! What model Blau did you get out of curiosity Pete?

r1_pete - 18/5/18 at 06:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by McLannahan
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete

Really?

I'd like a period one/OEM for my 1989 Golf but they seem to go for crazy money?! What model Blau did you get out of curiosity Pete?

Its a Louisiana rad cass, paid £20 for it, and just had a £10 offer accepted on a 10 disc changer, whether it works is yet to be seen, but worth risking a tenner.