Board logo

Digital Speedo/Tachometer options????
kevyo89 - 3/4/19 at 01:54 PM

I am finishing off my MX5 turbo-engined locost build at the moment and I am using the original MX5 loom. I have already purchased an AEM AFR gauge and an AEM Tru Boost controller/guage so I want to keep these and not consider the likes of an all-in-one Digidash etc. I am not keen on using the original clocks as they it will look a little out of place.

So, I'm after a fairly minimalist Speedometer/tachometer which is IVA compliant and I am wondering what my options are. I would like something that doesn't require a great deal of work to integrate with my current MX5 loom.

Can anyone advise me?

Thanks in advance

big_wasa - 3/4/19 at 06:24 PM

I am also in the market.

My favourite is a speedo from Intellitronix. They are American and can be had on eBay or Summit racing.
This, a fuel gauge and a scan gauge to read the data from my ecu.

Second option for me is the etb digidash 2. Solid quality but a bit dated. And I will need seperate h@uges for boost, afr and charge temp.

Third option for me is the Race technology Dash 2 but they are very vague on if it will work with my ecu, and the interface is an extra £150. But it should show everything with out extra dials.

Fourth option a basic koso unit.

kevyo89 - 3/4/19 at 07:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
I am also in the market.

My favourite is a speedo from Intellitronix. They are American and can be had on eBay or Summit racing.
This, a fuel gauge and a scan gauge to read the data from my ecu.

Second option for me is the etb digidash 2. Solid quality but a bit dated. And I will need seperate h@uges for boost, afr and charge temp.

Third option for me is the Race technology Dash 2 but they are very vague on if it will work with my ecu, and the interface is an extra £150. But it should show everything with out extra dials.

Fourth option a basic koso unit.

The basic koso units are actually what looks most favourable for me. I want to keep my AEM gauges so that might work best for me. I'm just not sure which Koso gauge is IVA compliant.

Angel Acevedo - 3/4/19 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kevyo89
I am finishing off my MX5 turbo-engined locost build at the moment and I am using the original MX5 loom. I have already purchased an AEM AFR gauge and an AEM Tru Boost controller/guage so I want to keep these and not consider the likes of an all-in-one Digidash etc. I am not keen on using the original clocks as they it will look a little out of place.

So, I'm after a fairly minimalist Speedometer/tachometer which is IVA compliant and I am wondering what my options are. I would like something that doesn't require a great deal of work to integrate with my current MX5 loom.

Can anyone advise me?

Thanks in advance

Although essentially an all in one, There are a few Acewells that are pretty minimal.

I am using an Acewell 2803.
It has Digital LCD Speedometer and tacho and Bright six.
There are some considerations about buttons that have been discussed here too.
I think it is no longer available, Russboost here may help you as he is pretty familiar with them.
HTH

big_wasa - 3/4/19 at 08:14 PM

This is the one I am looking at.

eBay Item

kevyo89 - 3/4/19 at 08:34 PM

quote:
This is the one I am looking at.

eBay Item

That's the exact one I have been looking at as well lol

big_wasa - 3/4/19 at 08:41 PM

It looks to have the basics and is cheap and cheerfull.

I may get one and upgrade next winter if it’s crap.

motorcycle_mayhem - 3/4/19 at 09:46 PM

I still have an unused ST700 system, if that's worthy of any consideration.
Not an LCD tachometer, but a rather good stepper motor needle display.

http://www.stackltd.com/st700.html

big_wasa - 4/4/19 at 05:12 AM

It's a hansom display I just don't think I could see the mph display at any great speed with a helmet on.

kevyo89 - 4/4/19 at 11:15 AM

quote:

Do you know if it meets the minimum requirements for IVA? If so, I might take a punt on it!

Schrodinger - 4/4/19 at 05:06 PM

I have a veypor vr2 which is sitting unused in my garage
http://ruckn.com/veypor-vr2-install/

open to offers

[Edited on 4/4/19 by Schrodinger]

russbost - 5/4/19 at 09:07 AM

Acewell 1600 would fit the bill, or one of the £xxx series if you want warning lights as well, or maybe the 2856

Link

johnemms - 5/4/19 at 06:31 PM

Description
Description

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXO4m_YWH7g

I use one for my mot odometer ... Description
Description

big_wasa - 6/4/19 at 07:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kevyo89
quote:

Do you know if it meets the minimum requirements for IVA? If so, I might take a punt on it!

I am not 100% no. But it does look ok.

It just needs to be able to permanently show the odometer doesn't it ?