Board logo

Batterys!
ttalps2000 - 28/5/19 at 09:37 AM

I need to get a new battery as mine is virtually dead! I had a cheap one from powervamp when they were doing them. It is the Odyssey 680 size as an equivalent.

Has anyone tried the Lithium battery that this place does: http://aandgmotorcycles.co.uk/batteries.html

My battery is located near to the exhaust manifold and so does get warm, anyone had issues with the above and higher temperatures?

JimSpencer - 29/5/19 at 07:16 AM

Hi

Allan's batteries are very good indeed - don't forget you'll need the charger too (LiOn charges in a different way to Pb)

Or if you simply type into your favourite Auction site 'Exide AGM 12-18' you'll get roughly what you have now.

HTH

ttalps2000 - 29/5/19 at 07:31 AM

Do they charge ok off a traditional alternator?

ttalps2000 - 29/5/19 at 08:05 AM

Just found an exact copy of what i have, but in a Lithium battery on the auction site, so will fit in my existing cradle!

Thatcher - 9/6/19 at 08:08 AM

Odyssey did do the 680 with a metal jacket to stop high temps being a problem once installed inside some motorbikes may be yours did suffer with the heat. If the Odyssey part number ends with MJ then it should have a metal jacket.

ttalps2000 - 27/6/19 at 07:38 AM

Seems like my new Lithium battery is a load of cr@p! Keeps dying on me when in use!

So, going back to lead acid batteries!

What are peoples experiences with the Odyssey 680? Similar size to the 12-18 battery. Or just go for a 12-18 standard battery like i had before?

hate cars sometimes!!

miskit - 27/6/19 at 09:40 AM

I have a Odessey PC 680 that I install about 2 years ago in the Sandrail, starts the 1.8Mx5 engine first time every time. Hot, cold, neglected for a good few months whilst building it. Small, rugged just great. Bought on recommendation from a mate who has one to start his 2.5L Subaru engine and run all the gizmo's in his car.
- Over on the MIG welding forum someone just pointed out that Tayna (usually the best/cheapest supplier anyway) are part of an ebay 20% off until midnight - though they add about 5% "ebay tax" compared with their direct prices but still about £20 off
http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/taynabatteries

Don't know how good the Enduroline copy is - but it's a lot cheaper.

ttalps2000 - 27/6/19 at 09:47 AM

Thanks for the info.

The battery is £97 from DemonTweeks, instead of the £134.95 Tanya are asking for!

Had a copy battery before, year later and it was dead, so not all that keen!

miskit - 27/6/19 at 11:02 AM

Jump on that price! Mine was £110 inc delivery 2 years back.

andrew.carwithen - 27/6/19 at 11:14 AM

Fitted an Xtreme XR-600 AGM from Tayna which is the equivalent of the 680 but cheaper at around £70 inc. delivery. been in demonstrator for a year now with no probs and spins over the 1.8 mx-5 engine easily.

ttalps2000 - 2/7/19 at 08:23 PM

Got the new Odyssey battery in tonight. Spins the engine over bloody quickly now with no sweat! Lesson learnt, dont buy cheap batteries!!