Board logo

Sierra Steer_Col_Switches - Spring Clip Thingy??
Dick Axtell - 20/7/19 at 03:04 PM

Hello Locosters and - (b)(I)HELP(/I)(/b)

After working on my dashboard, replacing a fuel gauge, refixing wiring etc., I am now in the process of putting everything back together. Have re-fitted the steering column indicator and light switches. Have forgotten exactly what goes where, with some smaller parts.

In particular, the "inverted W shaped" spring thingy, which I've shown in the attached image. Should it sit inside the switches, or sit astride them? Your help/advice would be much appreciated.

Col_Switches_Spring
Col_Switches_Spring

jwallbank - 20/7/19 at 04:47 PM

I've found a drawing in the Sierra Manual that may be of help. Looks like a slightly different model than yours but might help.

Not been successful at inserting it in the reply but have a look in my photo archive - Misc section, it's in there.

John W

Dick Axtell - 20/7/19 at 07:46 PM

Hi John W. Thanks for your reply. That diagram (image 121844), is very helpful.

big_wasa - 21/7/19 at 01:48 PM

Mounts across the two top bolts of the switch gear.

Dick Axtell - 21/7/19 at 02:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Mounts across the two top bolts of the switch gear.

Thanks for this very useful image. All is now clear (as far as these switches are concerned!!).

gremlin1234 - 21/7/19 at 03:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jwallbank
Not been successful at inserting it in the reply but have a look in my photo archive - Misc section, it's in there.

find the picture in your archive, and copy the 'forum code' it looks like "[pg!]121844[/pg!]" but without the ! marks
Description
Description

jwallbank - 21/7/19 at 03:29 PM

Thanks for that, not sure what I was doing wrong!

Description
Description