Board logo

No spark...Zetec 1.7 SE
lordbenny - 5/12/20 at 12:25 PM

As title suggests...car was firing up perfectly then overnight it fired up but misfired, now it doesn’t fire up and I have no spark. Any ideas?

theconrodkid - 5/12/20 at 01:25 PM

CPS sensor or a dodgy wiring conection i would go for

lordbenny - 5/12/20 at 01:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
CPS sensor or a dodgy wiring conection i would go for

Not coil pack....as I was saying it was firing up but misfiring for a couple of starts but now nothing.

gremlin1234 - 5/12/20 at 03:05 PM

has it run out of fuel?

lordbenny - 5/12/20 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
has it run out of fuel?

No spark!

johnH20 - 5/12/20 at 03:48 PM

Earths seem to be the root of most electrical problems. Its a pain I know but check everything relevant. If you are using standard immobiliser check key orientation. Good luck.

Tatey - 5/12/20 at 07:56 PM

I had a similar thing on my Haynes. I sent my carbs off for rebuild and when I got them back it wouldn't fire.

Turns out one of the crimped connectors providing power to the EDIS module had pulled out so I had no spark.

There is a check you can do with the coil pack wiring to confirm you are getting a spark signal. I'm not really sure what it is I'm afraid.

gremlin1234 - 5/12/20 at 09:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lordbenny
quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
has it run out of fuel?

No spark!
yea but often people state 'no spark' when they mean not firing. and infinitely better then a new post saying 'A'

lordbenny - 9/12/20 at 01:19 PM

So....I’m hoping that it’s the ECU fuse as fuel pump isn’t working either...Would you think this the culprit?