Board logo

Male version of ford Zetec throttle pot connector
John G - 9/3/21 at 05:28 PM

I have a Motorsport Electronics ECU with loom. My current set up has a Lumenition throttle pot together with it's own connector which I intend to cut. Is there such a plug as the same line up of male pins. I do not really want to cut in to the new loon. If not can the male pins be purchased on line?
Regards, Jon

obfripper - 16/3/21 at 11:53 AM

Is the me loom for a specific zetec engine, or is it a universal loom for throttle bodies?

The early ford fittings are similar to the coil pack fitting and afaik that is a ford own design, i've never seen it as a male connector.

The later fittings are a denso design, also used on altenator 3pin plugs, there may be a compatible male connnector available but i can only source a female connector.

If it is a universal loom, then it is likely fitted with a junior timer connector, these are commonly available and used on most 80's and 90's bosch injection systems.

Dave

Edit to add:

The later zetec plugs are AMP SSC 3 pin connectors, and may be compatible with AMP Econoseal J connectors (some but not all plugs are listed as compatible) - there are male Econoseal connectors available, and are cheap enough to try.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quality-Econoseal-Automotive-Waterproof-Multi-Connector-Plug-2-3-4-6-8-10-12-Way/133662228426

[Edited on 16/3/21 by obfripper]