Board logo

That amazing feeling when it actually works!
alexdj125 - 24/1/08 at 06:52 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that contributed with my "confusing starting problem" last week. I took a gamble and spent £200 on a high torque starter, adjusted the static advance, and cleaned all the earth leads to the engine and starter thoroghly. flicked my ignition, hit the button and off it went. I then went for a rip around to warm it up, scared a few old ladies, made some children cry and pulled up in a petrol station. I got back in the car, put on every electrical thing i had, and the engine was still hot, hit the starter and off it went perfectly again! such a great feeling when that happens. So anyway, yeh thanks for all the advice! Alex.

scoobyis2cool - 24/1/08 at 09:17 PM

Someone who can actually wire a car You're in a select group there mate. Took me about 3 months just to get my lights working! Well done, sounds like you had a blast in it too

Pete

02GF74 - 25/1/08 at 09:57 AM

Q. did you try it without the HT starter? becaause with the money saved plus another £ 50, you could have made antoher car? :0

not that it matters, sometimes it is better to (over)spend than to continue messing to fix a problem

Now that it is sorted and the weather is looking better, get out there and scare those dogs!