Board logo

How Ya'll Enjoying TG Tonight
scootz - 17/7/11 at 08:06 PM

Loved the GTR / Jag piece... Edmund Blackadder was good as always... unfortunately the 'train' section was unwatchable tripe!

And yes... my telly does have an 'off' button, but I'm duty bound to watch it so I can be a moany git about it!

[Edited on 17/7/11 by scootz]

mistergrumpy - 17/7/11 at 08:17 PM

Yep enjoyed the Jag/GTR bit too and it was really good to see Rowan Atkinson. Let down like you say with the end bit but then after Rowan it would have had to be something a little bit more special as a follow up.

PSpirine - 17/7/11 at 08:27 PM

Really enjoyed it actually, and as staged as the train bit was, I actually like it since the idea of driving a car along train tracks is AWESOME

The GTR bit was really good, although I'm probably not allowed to say that working for Jag

scootz - 17/7/11 at 08:31 PM

I'm sure the Jag is a cracking car in its own right... it was just up against something designed to get from a-b a lot quicker!

PSpirine - 17/7/11 at 08:33 PM

I'd still have the GTR - it's a showcase of engineering excellence..

The one thing that you can't notice with the Jag, even when it's shown on Top Gear, is really how loud the XKR-S's are, and it's a proper racey sound, nothing like the other supercharged V8 jags.

imp paul - 17/7/11 at 08:33 PM

o dear i missed it to busy stripping the honda cr250 engine today its not very well lol so it will be iplayer for me hope you had a good time today scott

scootz - 17/7/11 at 08:36 PM

The rain held off Paul, so it was as good as a BBQ can be for a veggie!

imp paul - 17/7/11 at 08:45 PM

nice mate if you check my pics now you will see some new panels woooooop at last haha new rawlson body panels
new rawlson body panels

full fat imp

[Edited on 17/7/11 by imp paul]

steve m - 17/7/11 at 09:05 PM

Yet again, yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn tripe
and yes my of button does work, its just as a petrol head, i have to endure it

Steve

RazMan - 17/7/11 at 10:30 PM

Petrol PumP

How about the Phantom V16 then! ..... I want one!

MikeRJ - 17/7/11 at 10:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Yet again, yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn tripe
and yes my of button does work, its just as a petrol head, i have to endure it

Why?

Train thing was crap, the rest pretty good. Would still rather have the Jag than the Nissan Playstation, not that I'm ever likely to be able to afford either of them

[Edited on 17/7/11 by MikeRJ]

Doctor Derek Doctors - 18/7/11 at 12:47 PM

There is nothing that brings the miserable buggers out in bigger numbers than Top Gear.

I love the way the 'so called grown-ups' basically have a tantrum akin to a two year old when Top Gear do a segment that they don't enjoy.

Do you really expect an hour long magazine show to be catered entirely to YOU?

They have >300million viewers and they do a good spread of skits, reviews and set-pieces, having a tantrum because you didn't like 1 segment is far more immature than anything Top gear do. Grow up and realise that in life not everything is about YOU.

Irony - 18/7/11 at 12:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors
There is nothing that brings the miserable buggers out in bigger numbers than Top Gear.

I love the way the 'so called grown-ups' basically have a tantrum akin to a two year old when Top Gear do a segment that they don't enjoy.

They have >300million viewers and they do a good spread of skits, reviews and set-pieces, having a tantrum because you didn't like 1 segment is far more immature than anything Top gear do. Grow up and realise that in life not everything is about YOU.

There is nothing that brings the miserable buggers out in bigger numbers than people moaning about people moaning about Top Gear.

I love the way the 'so called grown-ups' basically have a tantrum akin to a two year old when someone moans about a segment on Top Gear.

Etc etc etc

Doctor Derek Doctors - 18/7/11 at 12:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Irony
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors

There is nothing that brings the miserable buggers out in bigger numbers than people moaning about people moaning about Top Gear.

I love the way the 'so called grown-ups' basically have a tantrum akin to a two year old when someone moans about a segment on Top Gear.

Etc etc etc

There is nothing that brings the miserable buggers out in bigger numbers than people moaning about people moaning about people moaning about Top Gear.

I love the way the 'so called grown-ups' basically have a tantrum akin to a two year old when someone moans about someone moaning about a segment on Top Gear.

Ad infinitum

scootz - 18/7/11 at 01:31 PM

... ad nauseam!

gingerprince - 18/7/11 at 05:56 PM

Did anyone notice that this was the second episode on the trot where clarkson made reference to a vajazzle?

mistergrumpy - 18/7/11 at 06:20 PM

Yep. Had to text the missus to see what he meant. Glad I didn't Google it!

Toltec - 18/7/11 at 06:52 PM

If the TG boys were Blackadder characters who would they be?

Hammond - has to be Baldrick
May - Lord Melchett I think

Clarkson - The Prince Regent

Tonights episode was OK, barring Hammond's acting the clown of course.