Board logo

Palmersport
beaver34 - 24/3/12 at 10:19 PM

Doing a palmersport day next thursday, looking forward to it

Anyone done one before on here? What's it like if so

Thanks

jeffw - 24/3/12 at 10:29 PM

Great fun. The instructors push you to go as fast as possible. Make sure you pay attention to the briefings and make sure you are in the right position in the car before going out. When I did the Palmer Audis my elbows where between my sides and the cockpit....and in the three-four laps you get I wore away the skin under the race suit, had to visit the medical centre to get patched up. So, as I say, make sure you are comfortable in the car before going out.

beaver34 - 24/3/12 at 10:41 PM

Thank you, how much driving do you get to do?

omega 24 v6 - 24/3/12 at 10:50 PM

I was gutted, when my mate was invited there, on a corporate day 2 weeks ago. He really is NOT into cars at all BUT he said it was amazing. They push you to go as fast as possible, and he said he would not have believed you could drive a car that fast. He actually sounded like he really enjoyed it. For someone who was a bit underwhelmed by a corporate weekend with all passes and hospitality to the spa F1 a few years ago then he must have had a ball.

mark chandler - 24/3/12 at 11:53 PM

It is amazing, loads of driving time and they want you to go as fast as possible

Even the foods good as well.

[Edited on 24/3/12 by mark chandler]

need4speed - 25/3/12 at 09:59 AM

Been once on a corporate trip, really enjoyed it as stated they want you to go as fast as you can. The only down side is I have to listen to it going on when the wind is in the right direction

Dave

jeffw - 25/3/12 at 11:32 AM

The best fun was the Caterhams in the head to head timetrials.

cerbera - 25/3/12 at 03:43 PM

Is it a full day of driving or a lot of waiting interspersed with some driving?

dave r - 25/3/12 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by need4speed
Been once on a corporate trip, really enjoyed it as stated they want you to go as fast as you can. The only down side is I have to listen to it going on when the wind is in the right direction

Dave

me too