Board logo

Internet car sales
Peteff - 15/10/12 at 07:58 PM

I am looking for a cheap car van type runabout and have decided on Peugeot Partner Citroen Combi type vehicle preferably the hdi models. I rang four today from ebay classifieds and autotrader and got the same reply from all of them. "It sold a few days ago....." why not take the sodding advert down then.

marcjagman - 15/10/12 at 08:14 PM

Simple, get in your time machine and go back in time

jonabonospen - 15/10/12 at 10:25 PM

The genuine reason why they do it (if they are dealers) is because if they have paid for the advert then it may as well stay there, then if anyone calls about that specific vehicle they can always just tell you about another one they have that you may be interested in....... bloody annoying isn't it!!

morcus - 15/10/12 at 10:32 PM

Another trick is to keep the ad up until they have another vehicle to sell and then use it for that so the tags don't actually match the description. Autotrader adds don't last long so aren't too bad for this, Gumtree adds can last months and noone bothers pulling them, I had one guy tell me he'd sold the car and the ad was still up a month later. Worst thing about Auto trader is the huge volume of adds put up for the wrong price.

Slimy38 - 16/10/12 at 05:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by morcus
Worst thing about Auto trader is the huge volume of adds put up for the wrong price.

I've seen this done deliberately on brand new adverts. The text goes along the lines of 'sorry, Autotrader won't let me correct the mistyped price, it's actually £9999'. Despite the fact the price on the ad shows £1! how do you mistype that?

It's just to get the ad at the top of the list.

JAMSTER - 16/10/12 at 07:38 AM

have a look here i do some work for these and they seem to have some good ones

http://www.jandsvans.co.uk/65856/js.htm

BangedupTiger - 16/10/12 at 12:25 PM

My mate is about to sell his berlingo as he needs a bigger van.

£600 i think he wanted for it.

Edit: he lives south notts.

[Edited on 16/10/12 by BangedupTiger]

rusty nuts - 16/10/12 at 06:55 PM

You think thats bad I rang enquiring about a GTM coupe advertised in KitCar magazine only to be told the car had sold a year earlier. I haven't brought KitCar since