Board logo

Dutton FUGLY
snapper - 22/6/14 at 07:15 AM

Fugly Dutton on eBay

It does make me wonder

dutton 3litre 2 seater kit car

owelly - 22/6/14 at 09:07 AM

At least they've taken the time to take a good comprehensive selection of photos and written an informative description.....

r1_pete - 22/6/14 at 01:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
At least they've taken the time to take a good comprehensive selection of photos and written an informative description.....

Yeah, the effort put into the advert is about the same as his chances of selling.....

Ivan - 22/6/14 at 02:34 PM

Must say - this one is a much better looking Dutton

kit car dutton

Dick Axtell - 22/6/14 at 03:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Yeah, the effort put into the advert is about the same as his chances of selling.....

Especially at the but-it-now price quoted!! I wouldn't give 10% of that figure!

BTW - that bodywork was never original Dutton, so far as I rcall. Nosecone looks like its been cobbled from a cast-off bonnet section. The rear panel also seems to be a one-off.

Snapper's first post, here, gets the informative description prize!

[Edited on 22/6/14 by Dick Axtell]

morcus - 22/6/14 at 04:04 PM

Are they Punto rear lights that in no way fit the design theme of the rest of the car?

It looks kind of cool, but not for £2K unless there's something he isn't telling us...

Ninehigh - 22/6/14 at 09:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
Must say - this one is a much better looking Dutton

kit car dutton

I'm inclined to agree, quirky though. Looks like a well put together car (from my untrained eye)

FazerBob - 22/6/14 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snapper
Fugly Dutton on eBay

It does make me wonder

dutton 3litre 2 seater kit car

that really does look like a dogs dinner, after said dog throwing up. At £20 it would be risky.

Dusty - 22/6/14 at 11:06 PM

I would be worried that it's a ringer pretending to be a Dutton to give it an air of respectability.

MikeRJ - 23/6/14 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dusty
I would be worried that it's a ringer pretending to be a Dutton to give it an air of respectability.

I'm pretty certain that it's a Dutton. They were never the prettiest cars, but someones gone to quite a bit of effort to make it hideously ugly in this case.