Board logo

Lotus Elise wheels
b14wrc - 5/7/14 at 01:56 PM

Hi all,

Not been working on the cars for a bit as I've been busy with work and not been in the garage for months now.

However I did make a purchase for the elise a few months ago and only just got around to sorting them.

These are Rare Raceline RL7's in lotus elise S1 fitment, I've never seen another car on these so I'm hoping that they look as good on as they do off the car. They are a touch heavier than my standard 12 spokes but they are also a little wider. So should be fine. These are strong wheels, so should be up to some track work I have planned later in the year.

I got them back from the strippers last weekend and I'm prepping them now for painting over the next week. Very impressed with how clean they came out, original coating was at least 2-3mm thick. There is no cracking or major damage. So should be a straight forward process to paint them.

Anyway, let me know what you think, would love these wheels on my locost too!

Rob

Cordell - 5/7/14 at 05:18 PM

I had these wheels on my old Citroen Ax GT, in 3 stud fitment believe it or not! They are definitely more common in ford fitment and I think they were often used in rallying on group A/B cosworth's.

b14wrc - 5/7/14 at 06:02 PM

Yes, they were rally wheels, very motor sport looking IMO.

Should look good and be a bit different.

b14wrc - 6/7/14 at 03:24 PM

Etch primer done.

b14wrc - 13/7/14 at 04:05 PM

Andybarbet - 13/7/14 at 04:30 PM

Looking good, what colour is that ? Im looking at painting my 205gti alloys a similar colour.

b14wrc - 13/7/14 at 05:34 PM

Hi,

Sorry the paint code was chosen out of a paint catalogue at my local paint sprayers. I don't know the exact colour or what it came from.

I think they look pretty good. Still need some work but almost done.

Any one got any opinions on what colour raceline stickers I should get??

Rob

[Edited on 13/7/14 by b14wrc]

Andybarbet - 13/7/14 at 08:26 PM

No worries, I have found a Rover colour that is similar.

I say yellow stickers but ive got a thing for yellow !

What colour is the car that they are going to be fitted on ?

b14wrc - 13/7/14 at 08:36 PM

My Elise is black.

Depends if I go for the yellow lotus badge or black ones. Was thinking I might go for black stickers to be a bit more discrete... But white might be nice too.

Pretty pleased with them so far, and makes a change from PR 1.2's..... I looked at a rover colour in halfrauds, I know the one your thinking of.

Rob

beaver34 - 13/7/14 at 10:00 PM

Look nice, I've a s2 111r to keep the kit company, great cars

b14wrc - 14/7/14 at 11:12 AM

Any chance of a pic of your S2?

I would have loved to have bought an S2 111R, but i would have had to PX my SR180 and that would have made life a bit difficult! LOL

Rob

beaver34 - 14/7/14 at 11:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by b14wrc
Any chance of a pic of your S2?

I would have loved to have bought an S2 111R, but i would have had to PX my SR180 and that would have made life a bit difficult! LOL

Rob

i use mine as my only "normal" car granted i try and keep the miles down on it as the mrs has another car i use

[Edited on 14/7/14 by beaver34]

b14wrc - 14/7/14 at 08:41 PM

Looks very tidy!

beaver34 - 15/7/14 at 07:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by b14wrc
Looks very tidy!

yeah its great 25k from new

done a week at the ring in it this year so far and got 2 weeks touring italy to do in a months time in it

not used the kit this year

b14wrc - 15/8/14 at 10:37 PM

Finally!

Got them finally painted and fitted. Pretty chuffed with the new look. Nice day for cruising.

Rob

maccmike - 15/8/14 at 11:17 PM

That looks the bollocks. Im jealous.

Proby - 15/8/14 at 11:32 PM

Looks nice, I had an S1 going back 13 years ago and loved it. Only sold it to fund a property purchase, dearly missed. I do take a look at whats for sale now and again, but with 4 vehicles I'm running out of space!!