Board logo

MK Indy replacement
YQUSTA - 1/8/14 at 11:53 PM

I sold the Indy at Stoneleigh, it so happened to be the first day it was up for sale too.

I wanted to go in a different direction with my next car and try and use it more often so went for this

I cant begin to tell you how happy I am with it, took a long time to find the right car but got there in the end.

911a
911a

911b
911b

911c
911c

40inches - 2/8/14 at 08:07 AM

That's cool
Is it based on the MX5?

Dick Axtell - 2/8/14 at 08:40 AM

Defernightly a Marmite car!!

ReMan - 2/8/14 at 10:32 AM

Nice,
Im looking for one myself right now 2002 on silver or grey a 4 if possible but probably a bit less £ than yours was. Just a case of best diligence to get one thats not going to go pop

YQUSTA - 2/8/14 at 10:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
Nice,
Im looking for one myself right now 2002 on silver or grey a 4 if possible but probably a bit less £ than yours was. Just a case of best diligence to get one thats not going to go pop

Good luck with your search, the silver ones appear to be cheaper, the company I bought mine from were very concerned about why silver cars weren't selling and there appears to more of them around than any other colour.

I was looking for a grey one with black leather which wasn't easy to find but this one came up so had to have it. It is grey but not the normal grey, I have never seen one the same colour as mine before.

I took the view that the going pop problem looks worse than it is. There is some great advice on how to avoid it on the Hartech website if you read through the guides from simple things like fitting a lower temp sender.

Mine is a 2002 plate too, it is in mint condition inside and out for its age.

chrisxr2 - 2/8/14 at 12:12 PM

Please tell me you got it with a warranty. The odds of getting one that does'nt go bang at some point seem to be like the odds of winning the lottery from the information on the various forums, pistonheads etc.

YQUSTA - 2/8/14 at 02:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chrisxr2
Please tell me you got it with a warranty. The odds of getting one that does'nt go bang at some point seem to be like the odds of winning the lottery from the information on the various forums, pistonheads etc.

It does have a short one yes, but what is a warranty going to do? Most dont cover cars over 12 years old anyway so that pretty much takes out all of them and the ones that do don't cover bore scoring and if they do will cost the earth. I have seen quotes of over £1k a year, I would prefer to stick that in a bank account than a companies pocket, who if it does go wrong will do everything in their power to get out of paying.

Just how many engines really go bang compared to the amount that don't? I bet it's no more than 5%.

As for the forums its blown out of proportion as people only say when something goes wrong so it looks worse than it is. I haven't gone into this without doing my research and am prepared for the worst SHOULD it happen but to not buy a car on the worry it may go wrong you would never buy anything.

02GF74 - 2/8/14 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
That's cool
Is it based on the MX5?

No. It was developed from the 356 which itself shared parts from the humble VW beetle.

Been considering getting one myself, convertible and not seen much info about popping rngines. As.thingy day bloen out og proportion. Wouldnt put me off.

[Edited on 2/8/14 by 02GF74]

ReMan - 2/8/14 at 05:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YQUSTA
quote:

It does have a short one yes, but what is a warranty going to do? Most dont cover cars over 12 years old anyway so that pretty much takes out all of them and the ones that do don't cover bore scoring and if they do will cost the earth. I have seen quotes of over £1k a year, I would prefer to stick that in a bank account than a companies pocket, who if it does go wrong will do everything in their power to get out of paying.

Just how many engines really go bang compared to the amount that don't? I bet it's no more than 5%.

As for the forums its blown out of proportion as people only say when something goes wrong so it looks worse than it is. I haven't gone into this without doing my research and am prepared for the worst SHOULD it happen but to not buy a car on the worry it may go wrong you would never buy anything.

You're exactly where I am and on the money re the warranty. If they gave you 3 months thats about all you'll get and theres more horror stories of paid for warranties not paying (if you can get one at 12yrs ) than the cars going pop!
Just can't decide whether to get it for the remainder of this year or hold out till early next…..

YQUSTA - 2/8/14 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
quote:
Originally posted by YQUSTA
quote:

You're exactly where I am and on the money re the warranty. If they gave you 3 months thats about all you'll get and theres more horror stories of paid for warranties not paying (if you can get one at 12yrs ) than the cars going pop!
Just can't decide whether to get it for the remainder of this year or hold out till early next…..

Mine is 6 months from the dealer.

I would say if you find the right one buy it, if you don't then hold out for the right car, if you are lucky you may be able to pick up one that has had a Hartech rebuild.

Plenty of choice out there and the 911uk forum is a great place and active forum, they give good constructive advice on cars for sale too.

Proby - 2/8/14 at 07:39 PM

Awesome. Well jealous. Enjoy it!!!!