Board logo

Actually how harsh is the ride on a s-line (A4 2010)
bi22le - 28/6/15 at 10:01 PM

I am looking at new cars and fancy a A4 saloon, s-line.

There are loads of stories of unbearable ride quality. Is it really that bad. I know I need to "just get in one and try it" but before that I thought I would ask the collective.

I have a Mondeo tit X at the moment. I guess it will be the same as that. Firm but fair?

ian locostzx9rc2 - 29/6/15 at 05:43 AM

S line Audi normally are a firm ride I would say it would feel more firm than your mondeo but as you say you need to try one .

fesycresy - 29/6/15 at 07:23 AM

I tried one, no way could I live with it.

The salesman had a set route to take people on, I said I wanted to drive some B roads (where I spend most of my day), it killed the deal. Way too firm for me.

mazie - 29/6/15 at 09:02 AM

Had one for 2 days on a trial (estate version) feels exactly the same as the Octavia ive got now amongst many more things. Its 'harsh' compared to the soft cushiony ride of the standard versions but not kit car harsh mate!

dubzter - 29/6/15 at 09:28 AM

I've got a 59 plate A4 avant (non s-line) and the ride is very smooth, plush even, not harsh in the slightest. Guess that doesn't really answer your question though. I test drove it against a newer Passat estate and the ride in the A4 won me over even though the car was slightly older.