Board logo

Silverstone Classic Knowledge
Fred W B - 20/4/18 at 02:33 PM

HI All

I asked a similar question a while ago, but my timing has had to change and I’m now planning to attend the Silverstone Classic this year.

Rough plan is do Practice day on Friday 20th July 9 (without wife), Race day Saturday 21st (with wife) and do some tourist stuff in the local area on the days either side of that.

Any recommendations of a convenient place to stay that would facilitate getting into the circuit easily? And any things worth doing near by? Any tips that would enable us to make the most of our visit?.

Cheers

Fred W B

johnH20 - 20/4/18 at 09:06 PM

Hi Fred, I am a regular. If not involved with running a car ( competitor camping ) I stay in Banbury about 20 mins away by car. Circuit access is usually easy if you arrive early. Banbury gives easy access to the University city of Oxford and other places of interest. Probably won't get to see you but have a great time - it is in my view the greatest motor sport event on earth just for the pits and paddock access and chatting to the owners / drivers. Actual racing can be a bit so so.