Board logo

Help!! VAGCOM VCDS OBDeleven MyCARLY
owelly - 30/9/18 at 08:48 PM

Way back in the days of my SEAT, VW and Audi days, I bought a VAGCOM lead for my laptop and downloaded the software. All was good. Later, I invested in an OBDKey which at the time cost me £100, plus I had to buy a PDA with Blue Tooth to use the OBDKey.
I still use the OBDKey with the OBDKey app on my phone/tablet as well as numerous other apps, Torque Pro is very good. But now I have a couple of VAG cars on the drive, I need to reacquaint myself with VAGCOM, now called VCDS. I also have a Yeti towbar to fit and the electrics need 'coding'. To this end, I've been looking at the official VCDS from Ross-Tech which is £225 for use on only 3 VIN numbers, or £480 for unlimited vehicles. I can't afford these sort of prices (yes I know about the cost of development and stuff) so I'm looking to the other options:
CARLY seems to be a cheap way of getting in to the VAG brain but there's not much information about.
OBDeleven also comes in at £34.92 and promises the earth but does it work?! You can upgrade to 'Pro' which as far as I can tell, just an add-on to the app. I also note that there are 'credits' to purchase?! Does this mean that you have to buy these credits to be able to use the OBDeleven?! I've emailed them to aske the same questions but I'm hoping that you guys have all the answers!!
Cheers.

owelly - 2/10/18 at 04:56 PM

Nothing?!
This place is going to the dogs!!
Anyhoo, I've ordered OBDEleven. Watch this space....

tweek - 3/10/18 at 04:45 PM

Very interested to see how this turns out as I have a 55 plate Touareg with random HVAC problems, VCDS is just way too much for the DIY'er with 1 VAG car.

From the looks of the website, OBDeleven, or at least the PRO version - non pro deosn't seem worthwhile, can do a lot of the complex stuff out of the box, but only if you know the right codes. The microtransactions seem to be for their (hopefully well tested) 'apps' that simplify the coding process.

nick205 - 4/10/18 at 01:08 PM

Also interested to see how this turns out.

We've had several VAG stable cars (currently have a 2007 VW Touran) and I'd like to be able to check and do more with them, without spending a fortune.

nick205 - 11/10/18 at 11:48 AM

owelly

Has your OBDEleven arrived and have you had a chance to use it yet?

If so did it work OK and tell you much about the vehicle?