Board logo

Bike Carb Fuel Pump
myke pocock - 11/1/19 at 08:27 PM

I run Honda Fireblade carbs on my Skoda Estelle trials car and at present have a Facet cube pump feeding in to a Filter King filter/pressure regulator with a pressure gauge fitted. The Facet is quite old but I have just seen that they can be had to run at between 2 to 4psi which mine probably isnt At times I need to run at high revs on a competitive section for a short time. Would it be better to get one then run an in line filter before the pump and do away with the Filter King? Any ideas?

daviep - 11/1/19 at 08:51 PM

Get a bike pump, much more reliable.

02GF74 - 11/1/19 at 09:08 PM

Do you have a problem with insufficient fuel?

There are at least 3 versions of the facet pump and the fuel delivery is in the spec., I do t know what engine you have but I'd be surprised if the pump was inadequate. I have one for a 3.5 v8 in a land rover and it is able to cope with all loads.

It should be fitted with a metal filter which I have found can get blocked easily, all that needs doing is to remove it and tap on a block of wood to shake out the crud, or of course fit a new one but why spend the money unnecessarily. .

coozer - 12/1/19 at 12:31 AM

Like daviep says get the bike pump, they are interrupters and thats all you need along with a filter

SJ - 12/1/19 at 08:21 AM

+1 0n getting a bike carb pump. Cheap, reliable and designed for the job.