Board logo

Frank's next Blyton track day, 09,10,15.
fha772 - 21/3/15 at 01:44 PM

Hi all,

My next charity track day is at Blyton Park, on Friday 9th October.

Everyone is welcome from experienced track dayers, to complete novices who have never been to a track day.

All cars are welcome too.

It's £100 per car and no extra for extra drivers or passengers.

Camping is available the night before, it's £10 per pitch.

To sign up its a £40 non refundable deposit, this secures your place on the day.
The balance of £60, to be paid by 6th September.

Please contact me for further details, either message me here, or email me at frank-hall@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers Frank.

Jon Ison - 21/3/15 at 02:06 PM

Go on then

fha772 - 21/3/15 at 02:07 PM

If anyone fancies sharing this on any other forums, please fell free to.
As, when I mention it on other forums I get in trouble for advertising!!

daniel mason - 21/3/15 at 03:57 PM

That's my birthday, would be a nice present if Richard would allow me out!

laptoprob - 22/3/15 at 07:38 PM

Deposit sent mate

fha772 - 23/3/15 at 08:07 AM

Got it, cheers.

fha772 - 20/7/15 at 10:01 PM

Right then people, tge day if now half full, and since it was in Practical performance car magazine this issue I have had quite a few people get in touch about coming.

So if you want to come along don't leave it too late!!!

Is anyone interested?

Cheers Frank.

Irony - 22/7/15 at 07:25 AM

Have you got any spaces left? My car hasn't been through the IVA yet (10 Aug) and I am not sure I'll will be that confident in driving it for a trackday. I have never done a track day before. Is it a good place to build confidence in your vehicle or should I leave it for a bit? I'll probably just want to tootle round slowly getting faster during the day as I get used to it.

fha772 - 22/7/15 at 07:58 AM

Yes, there are places left .
You'll be fine, it's a very good track to learn on as there is lots of run off round most of the track.
Plus, you'll be amongst friends who will be more than happy to help with either your car or your driving.
There's a lot of locostbuilders there, just think of the wealth of experience on had!!!

If you want to you can call me on 07815070491 and ask anything.

But trust me, you won't get a better place for your first track day .

daniel mason - 22/7/15 at 08:02 AM

Definately do it. Check everything on the car and like you say build up speed as the day goes on!
There is no pressure to be quick and only a handful of car/driver combos will be very quick. If you see them in your mirrors,simply pull over!
Do short stints to avoid overheating and brake issues and enjoy yourself. It's a great day

SteveWallace - 22/7/15 at 11:32 AM

Hi Frank,

I'm interested in doing this as well, but like Irony I'm a complete novice at track days.

My main concern is that its quite a drive from Nottingham to Blyton and I'm not sure that I could make the trip if its a really wet day as my car is not weatherproof.

Will it still be on if the weather is poor? If so, I guess that all I would be doing is risking the deposit (which is presumably for a good cause).

Steve

daniel mason - 22/7/15 at 11:44 AM

Travel the night before Steve! That's what everyone does. If it's wet I'm sure Richard will open an aircraft hanger. If I do come to watch or to rest at lunch I'll bring an awning too!

jossey - 22/7/15 at 11:52 AM

I'll be there in the campervan and I'll bring the gas bbq of people bring burgers n that

Nickp - 22/7/15 at 12:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SteveWallace
Hi Frank,

I'm interested in doing this as well, but like Irony I'm a complete novice at track days.

My main concern is that its quite a drive from Nottingham to Blyton and I'm not sure that I could make the trip if its a really wet day as my car is not weatherproof.

Will it still be on if the weather is poor? If so, I guess that all I would be doing is risking the deposit (which is presumably for a good cause).

Steve

Don't worry Steve, it'll be a scorcher Famous last words
I reckon you should get there so I can get a good look and a ride in your car for inspiration

loggyboy - 22/7/15 at 01:01 PM

Hopefully truing out Blyton a couple of weekends, if the journey isn't too bad and there's space might sign up for this.

Matt21 - 22/7/15 at 06:05 PM

Hi Frank,

Where do I send money too?

mark chandler - 22/7/15 at 08:17 PM

The journeys fine, m25 then a1

M1 is terrible these days

[Edited on 22/7/15 by mark chandler]

fha772 - 22/7/15 at 08:52 PM

Matt21, you can send payment via PayPal to frank-hall@Hotmail.Co.UK

owelly - 22/7/15 at 09:24 PM

Matt, there's a couple of us travelling from Whitby on the Thursday night if you want to travel in convoy?!

Matt21 - 23/7/15 at 07:35 PM

Deposit sent!

Sounds good, which way would you be travelling? best place to meet?

fha772 - 23/7/15 at 09:20 PM

Owelly, please can you try to be there before 8pm this time, as I don't think I can bear seeing Richard in his pyjamas again!!!

owelly - 23/7/15 at 11:29 PM

I've taken the week off work Frabk, so I'll be there at 8:30.....
Matt, I usually go via Scarbados and over the Wolds but I'm open to alternative routes!!

Matt21 - 23/7/15 at 11:39 PM

I'd usually go via thirsk and straight down the A1, turn off at Blyth services and off through gainsborough
But obviously that doesn't include whitby!

Main question is... do I take my bell tent or just my little boring tent?

SteveWallace - 24/7/15 at 10:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nickp
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWallace
Hi Frank,

Steve

Don't worry Steve, it'll be a scorcher Famous last words
I reckon you should get there so I can get a good look and a ride in your car for inspiration

I've just signed up.

Happy to take you for a ride if your around, but I've not done a track day before so I'll expect you to sign a waver so that I'm not held responsible for trouser cleaning costs

[Edited on 24/7/15 by SteveWallace]

Nickp - 24/7/15 at 01:16 PM

Don't worry Steve I'm a bit of a Blyton veteran so will be able to give you a few tips

fha772 - 25/7/15 at 07:04 AM

I'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone who has signed up already.

But if you are thinking of coming along, there are only 16 places left now, so don't leave it too late!!

Cheers Frank.

fha772 - 26/7/15 at 07:15 AM

It's now 15 places...

fha772 - 27/7/15 at 01:51 PM

Now 14 left...

fha772 - 29/7/15 at 10:33 PM

Now 13 left, is anyone else interested?

fha772 - 7/8/15 at 11:42 PM

We are down to the last few places now.

If you're interested please don't leave it too late...

[Edited on 7/8/15 by fha772]

adithorp - 8/8/15 at 10:12 AM

I'm in. Payment sent.

fha772 - 8/8/15 at 10:22 AM

Got it, cheers Adi!!!!

There's only 7 places left now...

daniel mason - 8/8/15 at 11:02 AM

Frank! What jappens if all 4 cycle wings fall of my car on route?

JoelP - 8/8/15 at 07:01 PM

That's the only reason I'm not in myself Dan, no cycle wings. No time to refit them!

daniel mason - 8/8/15 at 07:08 PM

You'll be ok in a 7 with no wings! Richard won't have issue with that.
My cars a full bore rece car,never designed to have them.

fha772 - 9/8/15 at 10:30 AM

I'll ask Richard about that, but a 7 with no wings shouldn't be a problem.
Although it might be an issue if it's raining, spray an all that, but I will check.

There are only 7 places left now...

[Edited on 9/8/15 by fha772]

MsD - 9/8/15 at 11:54 AM

When I get home from work tonight ill be booking 2! (if there still available) as the day in march was spot on!
Mark.

fha772 - 9/8/15 at 07:50 PM

I've just heard back from Richard at Blyton, sorry but open, uncovered wheels are a no on track...

fha772 - 10/8/15 at 07:26 AM

We're down to the last 5 places!!!!

fha772 - 14/8/15 at 06:49 AM

THE TRACK DAY IS NOW FULL!!!!

If anyone cancels I will let you know ASAP, but it is currently fully booked!!!

Thank you guys for your support.

SEE YOU AT BLYTON ON FRIDAY 9TH OCTOBER!!!!

adithorp - 14/8/15 at 08:01 AM

Thats good news... well for those of us already booked on. At least you're not having the mini-panic like last time.

fha772 - 14/8/15 at 11:38 PM

I know!!
It's certainly less worrying this way.

fha772 - 29/8/15 at 02:46 PM

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!

To everyone who is coming on my next charity track day.

If you have only paid a £40 deposit, I need to have the £60 balance by Saturday 5th September, please.

Many thanks Frank.

JoelP - 29/8/15 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fha772
I've just heard back from Richard at Blyton, sorry but open, uncovered wheels are a no on track...

Just to clarify, does that include 7s? Cheers.

fha772 - 29/8/15 at 06:49 PM

Yes, it doesn't matter what car it is, the wheels must be covered.

[Edited on 29/8/15 by fha772]

Matt21 - 31/8/15 at 10:21 AM

Paid

do you know if there's tuition available on the day? does it need booking or just organise on the day? (and do they use intercom or just a few laps then a chat in the pits?)

cheers!

Matt21 - 4/10/15 at 05:07 PM

oh no

(daily mail... i know i know!)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3259501/Brace-wet-windy-week-Britain-suffer-plunging-temperatures-two-weeks-rain-day-hurricane-hits-Friday.htm l

[Edited on 4/10/15 by Matt21]

fha772 - 4/10/15 at 05:18 PM

Disgusting!!!! When will the Daily Mail stop printing these malicious lies!!!!

JoelP - 4/10/15 at 08:18 PM

Daily Heil I call it, as those who have me on Facebook are reminded quite often!

adithorp - 4/10/15 at 08:35 PM

Their forecasts are possibly done in a similar way to the Express ones...

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2015/apr/09/daily-express-weather-warning-beware-a-shower-of-extreme-inaccuracy

owelly - 4/10/15 at 09:51 PM

According to the weather app on my phone, there is 0mm of rain forecast for Thursday and Friday. So the Tupperware Turd eill be coming to play. Unless I can't find it. The Puma is on standby. I'm at court on Wednesday so I may be drowning my sorrows on Thursday.......or walking to Blyton.

SteveWallace - 5/10/15 at 08:34 AM

According to the BBC weather, its going to be dry all day at Blyton with relatively light winds. I'm going to get a little bit wet when I set out from Nottingham first thing, so I'll have to be easy with my right foot at first, but it looks good for the event itself. Fingers crossed that it doesn't change.

By the way, are there facilities at the track to buy a hot drink and a bite to eat, or do I need to bring something with me?

Looking forward to it

owelly - 5/10/15 at 08:41 AM

Full cafe facilities and showers if you get soaked and need to get warm!!

adithorp - 5/10/15 at 10:46 AM

Met office app is showing dry+sunny all day. Same for Thursday as well.

Is anybody camping thurs night? I might be tempted to save on 5am start but its not going to be warm.

fha772 - 5/10/15 at 11:55 AM

I think most of the usual suspects will be camping on Thursday.

Oddified - 5/10/15 at 01:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fha772
I think most of the usual suspects will be camping on Thursday.

Yep, i'll be there Thursday evening

Ian

owelly - 5/10/15 at 04:30 PM

I'll be late.

Jon Ison - 5/10/15 at 05:52 PM

I won't be camping Thurs night I'm afraid but will be bright n early Friday

fha772 - 8/10/15 at 08:24 AM

Hi all,

A few details about the upcoming fun at Blyton...

If your camping, the gates are open until 8pm on Thursday, but if your going to be late please call me on 07815070491.
(but don't be too late!!).

On the day, the gates open at 6:30-7.
Signing on starts at 7:30.
Briefing is at 9-9:30.
After that it's sighting laps, and then open pitlane for the rest of the day until 5pm, with lunch at 12-1.

Cheers Frank

adithorp - 8/10/15 at 04:11 PM

Got too much to do this evening to get there to camp. Enjoy the pizzas. See you all in the morning

danny keenan - 8/10/15 at 05:27 PM

If anyone has any brake downs my workshop is half journey away.i should be able to get you going again what ever you problems

Thanks Danny

SteveWallace - 8/10/15 at 06:05 PM

URGENT REQUEST

I was just checking the car over tonight for my drive to Blyton tomorrow morning and I noticed that the rubber bobbin that holds the tail pipe end of the exhaust to the body of the car has split in half. I've came up with an emergency fix which hopefully should hold through tomorrow (joined the two halves of the rubber back together again with a strip of Meccano!).

If anyone reads this in time who is going tomorrow and has one to spare, could they bring it along please and I will buy it off them as I would rather replace it on the day if possible.

MsD - 8/10/15 at 06:13 PM

I'm sure I've got one I the garage. I'll have a look tomorrow morning and if I can find it I'll fetch it along!
Mark.

danny keenan - 8/10/15 at 06:14 PM

Hi Steve

Is it one of the small ones with m8 thread on each end?
If so I have them in stock.which wY are you going to Blyton as I'm at jct 1 m18 and could meet you at my workshop

Thanks Danny

SteveWallace - 8/10/15 at 07:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MsD
I'm sure I've got one I the garage. I'll have a look tomorrow morning and if I can find it I'll fetch it along!
Mark.

Great, thanks for that. If you can find it, it will be better than risking my bodge failing half way through the day (not that anything will fall off, it will just get a bit rattly and put a bit of strain on the rest of the system).

Preston - that's a bit of a hike to do first thing!

SteveWallace - 8/10/15 at 07:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by danny keenan
Hi Steve

Is it one of the small ones with m8 thread on each end?
If so I have them in stock.which wY are you going to Blyton as I'm at jct 1 m18 and could meet you at my workshop

Thanks Danny

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the offer but I wasn't planning on going that way as I'm sick enough of the roadworks on the M1 as it is

Also, I'll be setting off early to get there in good time for the briefing

MsD - 8/10/15 at 07:25 PM

No problem. I think I've a few sizes I just have to find them..!
It was worse in march when I drove the kit and it rained all the way then snowed halfway! But Brian james has come to the rescue so ill be in the warmth of the van tomorrow!

Mark.

SteveWallace - 11/10/15 at 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MsD
Mark.

Thanks for the exhaust bobbin Mark, much appreciated. Sorry that we didn't manage to get together for a passenger ride.