Board logo

Teesside video 16th Sep
Andy D - 18/9/19 at 10:36 AM

Did a track evening at Teesside on Monday night.. wondering if the two chaps I was talking to are on here? Red MNR and orange Haynes. Both Mazda turbo powered.
Vid is chasing after the MNR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD8aGP-B1dQ&t=91s

SJ - 18/9/19 at 12:39 PM

Sounds great, and moves a bit for a Pinto

RichardB123 - 19/9/19 at 03:25 PM

Very nice! must try teesside sometime

Andy D - 19/9/19 at 04:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RichardB123
Very nice! must try teesside sometime

It's OK, but a bit bumpy in places,, seems to have got worse the past couple of years. Definitely £40 worth though.

Gord - 19/9/19 at 08:23 PM

Hi Andy, I have the orange Haynes (the red MNR belongs to jim87 on here), it was a good night and very busy for a change.
I was running wastegate boost as I had rebuilt my engine and it had done about 300 miles, its going in for a re-map next week and should give around 270-275bhp with lots of torque.
Look forward to seeing more kit cars there in the future, its a great track for lightweight cars.

Here's a video clip of me having a bit of fun with a 400bhp BMW 135i
https://youtu.be/2lBFGozAswg

[Edited on 19/9/19 by Gord]

Andy D - 20/9/19 at 08:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Gord
Hi Andy, I have the orange Haynes (the red MNR belongs to jim87 on here), it was a good night and very busy for a change.
I was running wastegate boost as I had rebuilt my engine and it had done about 300 miles, its going in for a re-map next week and should give around 270-275bhp with lots of torque.
Look forward to seeing more kit cars there in the future, its a great track for lightweight cars.

Here's a video clip of me having a bit of fun with a 400bhp BMW 135i
https://youtu.be/2lBFGozAswg

Good to meet the two of you.
I've done a good number of days at Teesside in the past but I've never seen queuing like the other night before. I guess it's because it was fully subscribed and there was a limited amount of time on track. My car's not equipped for queuing.. I don't run a cooling fan, so it involves lots of stop starting of the engine, and the battery's not huge!

I think they said that was the last of the evening sessions due to the dark nights, and they'd be moving to full day events? Shout up on here if you and jim intend to do any more.

RichardB123 - 20/9/19 at 08:31 AM

Exactly, for £40 its good.

Croft my next closest is £200 even on cheaper days

Gord - 20/9/19 at 10:35 AM

Dates have been released for full day track days at Teesside, 7th, 28th October and 16th December.

RichardB123 - 20/9/19 at 10:50 AM

quote:
Dates have been released for full day track days at Teesside, 7th, 28th October and 16th December.

Cheers, will check it out!

Andy D - 20/9/19 at 02:09 PM

quote:

I'm also keeping an eye on a Croft day with Javelin, Oct 3rd. This time of year I like to get an idea of what the weather's going to do before booking. There are less than 20 places left at the moment, so it'll probably fill before I decide..

RichardB123 - 10/10/19 at 02:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andy D
quote:

I'm also keeping an eye on a Croft day with Javelin, Oct 3rd. This time of year I like to get an idea of what the weather's going to do before booking. There are less than 20 places left at the moment, so it'll probably fill before I decide..

The new surface is really good in wet and dry, so give it a go.
Just book a garage as well!

Andy D - 10/10/19 at 03:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RichardB123
quote:
Originally posted by Andy D
quote:

The new surface is really good in wet and dry, so give it a go.
Just book a garage as well!

I'm seriously considering Croft on the 30th Oct. (Javelin)

Gord - 24/10/19 at 05:32 PM

Me and Jim are booked up for Croft next Wednesday, are you going Andy?

Andy D - 24/10/19 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Me and Jim are booked up for Croft next Wednesday, are you going Andy?

Yes, me plus another couple of Westfields booked on.. should be fun.