Board logo

Milling machine vice restoration video. I'v been at it again; Finally
tilly819 - 25/11/19 at 09:33 AM

Hi all,

Long time no see, life and stuff.
I'm getting back on the video making train. Shot this one about six months ago and finally got around to editing it. Hope you enjoy it and I always enjoy the feedback be it positive or constructive.

Cheers.

Mr Whippy - 25/11/19 at 12:24 PM

cool looks like new

nick205 - 25/11/19 at 02:55 PM

Nice work - looks well finished.

I'd imagine they're not cheap things to buy either so worth reconditioning.

ianhurley20 - 30/11/19 at 04:00 PM

Brilliant! 10 minutes after watching your video I went out to my garage and fetched my non working record vice (pending repair for 6 months) from under the bench and armed with my newly acquired knowledge had it fixed half an hour later. I've only had that vice for 50 years so it's great to have it back for some more abuse!
Thanks for posting your new video

Andybarbet - 1/12/19 at 09:53 AM

Fantastic, looks great now.

When they got rid of our old Bridgeport Mill where I used to work, they were going to throw away some cutters that were laying around. I will see if I can find them today as I brought them home to save them from the metal skip. All good & were being used until we were taken over by an American company.

If they are any good to you I will happily post them if you cover the postage cost. I would rather see them get some use rather than being sat in a box in my garage. I can't see me ever having g space for a mill at home unfortunately so they aren't any good for me :-(

I will let you know what there is if you are interested ?