Board logo

Beware - ebay and paint
chrisbeale - 18/2/12 at 06:21 PM

just to beware, i ordered some u-pol primer from ebay the otherday, got it, used it on a test piece and decided it didnt look much like primer. then niticed the perfectly placed sticker over the original label. turns out what i thought should be etch primer was infact matt black paint.
I have contacted the seller who said he buys it in in bulk so was un aware but if things turn nasty i will let you know the username so you can stear clear,

cheers

chris

monck - 18/2/12 at 08:10 PM

I bought 2 cans of hammerite of ebay .... Both cans had something wrong would not stick or dry

I went down halfords got robbed about £7 but worked fine

I emailed the seller no reply

blakep82 - 18/2/12 at 09:16 PM

So you were robbed by walking into halfords, finding hammerite, seeing the price, picking up the item, walking to the checkout, and handing over the money and walking out the door with your paint and receipt? Not sure what the police would make of it tbh.

I use hugspaint (think that's the name) on eBay for paints. They're good people

monck - 18/2/12 at 09:25 PM

Blakep82 i was implying its not the cheapest place in the world to buy a tin or spray paint ....

Well i think £7 for a 300ml can is as good a robbery anyway

Ryan

bartonp - 19/2/12 at 10:46 AM

I've used Jawal (sp?) for all my celly/other primers - fine.

Peteff - 19/2/12 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82I use hugspaint (think that's the name) on eBay for paints. They're good people

Can't argue with that, good seller and materials. If you want metal paint for general use get a stock from Aldi next time they have the offer on.