Board logo

quality manifold from fastdan / danst engineering
blakep82 - 18/12/13 at 12:05 AM

I had Dan make me a manifold for my car, was a long time in planning, measuring, etc due to the tight space to fit.
I was thinking I'd end up having to take the car to Dan to have him measure up etc, or else I'd end up measuring something wrong

In the end, I measured 3 times, Dan was able to send me some drawings to work with so I could compare and double check my measuring
Then he send me a drawing of my manifold so I could check it all against the car before having it made. He tacked it together and sent it so I could check it all fit and adjust if required. It needed angled up by 2 degrees to clear the pedal box safely (theres a chassis tube 25mm or so above the air box, and pedal box 25mm below) which he did and welded fully.
I must've been a pain in the back side

Quality product, thank you Dan!

Now a few pics. I know the whole car needs tidying up, once I know everything works I think I'll strip it all down and rebuild, cleaning and painting for final assembly, including redoing the hoses that hold the carbs on

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 18/12/13 by blakep82]

Andybarbet - 18/12/13 at 12:42 AM

Very nice :-)

Where did the airbox come from ?

RichardK - 18/12/13 at 03:04 AM

Aye, he's a good lad..

FASTdan - 18/12/13 at 07:44 AM

No probs - glad it worked out! Nice to see some pics of the install. As above, who's is the airbox?

Edited to say, added the photo's to the FB page - hope thats ok? Will also add into the homepage gallery...

[Edited on 18/12/13 by FASTdan]

dhutch - 18/12/13 at 08:40 AM

Looks all right. As you say, tight...!

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
Aye, he's a good lad..

Your signature is upside down....

Daniel

FASTdan - 18/12/13 at 08:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dhutch
Looks all right. As you say, tight...!

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
Aye, he's a good lad..

Your signature is upside down....

Daniel

Not from where he's sitting....

blakep82 - 18/12/13 at 10:08 PM

Not sure what the airbox is from really. I got it off someone on here a couple of years ago. Its fibreglass, was orange gel coat, and had a weber sticker on it.
So best guess is weber, but thats all I know. Has imperial threads in the screws that hold it to the back plate too, so I guess its quite old

Absolutely fine Dan, use all the pics you want , its just very difficult to get good pics of anything on my car for some reason

Edit: just went out for a look. Ended up refitting everything, new hoses, new studs, refitted the coolant hoses, throttle cable, the whole lot. And it now fits a whole lot better! Clears the alternator to allow full adjustment (and belt change without taking carbs off!) And is exactly where I hoped it would sit

[Edited on 19/12/13 by blakep82]

02GF74 - 4/1/14 at 05:42 PM

That should work but how come you didnt go for mandrel bent tubes?

DavidW - 4/1/14 at 07:18 PM

Dan did one for me a few years back and I'm still really impressed by it.

Definitely recommended!

David