Board logo

Roll cage fabricator
pekwah1 - 12/10/17 at 02:30 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm considering a rollcage on my striker and after any recommendations of where to get this done?
I'm in the Gatwick area so would want to be relatively local, obviously Raw would be a contender but a bit of a journey....

Thanks,
Andy

furryeggs - 12/10/17 at 03:17 PM

Tubebender.co.uk.

If your good with a tape measure, spirit levels and the odd clamp you can get pretty accurate measurements to get one bent. If you look through my pictures my cage was bent by them and posted. You just need to get it welded up.

pekwah1 - 12/10/17 at 03:36 PM

Thanks, website doesn't seem to exist.....

loggyboy - 12/10/17 at 04:13 PM

http://www.tube-bender.co.uk/

pekwah1 - 12/10/17 at 04:29 PM

Thanks, also just found it.
I assume they can provide the tubing as well as bending it to shape?

Any ideas roughly what they charge for a full cage minus the roll bar i already have?

furryeggs - 12/10/17 at 05:16 PM

I had the rear hoop allready but for the front hoop inc brackets and top bars I think it came to £270ish.
I had the front hoop bent firsti then used a couple of spirit levels and clamps to hold it all in place and line it up to measure the top bars. These were then bent and notched separately and tacked in place (cheers benzine), I than had it welded up.

As a word of warning, don’t try and get it to accurate. If your body work is to the industry standard then don’t expect it to be square. My cockpit/cabin is 10mm longer from one side to the other and the scuttle is 5mm different. Trust you eyes as well as double check measurements and you’ll get it pretty close.

You can’t tell with mine, it looks square and level, unless you get the tape measure out. I managed to get it to 4mm difference side to side, which by the sounds of it for a tiger is spot on

furryeggs - 12/10/17 at 05:26 PM

Also, when you think you have everything measured and drawn up add a couple of inches to the bottom of the front legs. I did and it helped a lot when it came to getting it all lined up and tacked. inevitably there will be slight differences here and there and the extra little bit could save you having to have a 2nd hoop bent, once its all together you can cut the end off.

loggyboy - 12/10/17 at 05:36 PM

Prices here http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Tube-Bender-Limited

chris_smith - 12/10/17 at 05:57 PM

Tube bender did mine, supply and firmed the bends I collected and welded

£300

cage 9
cage 9

[Edited on 12/10/17 by chris_smith]