Board logo

Trailer tyre pressures
RussH - 1/4/19 at 05:32 PM

Not sure where else to put this - recommended trailer tyre pressures for a single axle BJ clubman with a Westfield on it?

Thanks!

Paul_Arion - 1/4/19 at 06:53 PM

Page 18 of the following of any use for starters?

Owners manual

RussH - 1/4/19 at 07:15 PM

Thanks Paul I’ve given that a read - seems a bit odd there is no reference to singers or dual axle?

AdamR20 - 2/4/19 at 07:42 AM

8000psi.

Nah, seriously, stick them at the max pressure listed on the sidewalls of the tyres.

JMW - 2/4/19 at 08:53 AM

My PRG trailer has the tyre pressure actually specified on the chassis plate along with the weights etc.

It's a single axle with 12" wheels/tyres and shows 60psi.

peter030371 - 2/4/19 at 11:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AdamR20
Nah, seriously, stick them at the max pressure listed on the sidewalls of the tyres.

The pressure marked on the sidewall is the maximum pressure to which the tyre should be inflated including when running and heated up at full load i.e. you need to pump it up less than this when cold and unloaded. Optimum pressure for a given application will vary & will always be lower than the permissible maximum.

What size tyres are they? I have a tyre pressure chart here for (BJ) trailers, if you U2U me your email address I can send it to you.

Kev99 - 2/4/19 at 05:36 PM

My Brian James 1300 kg single axle trailer is 3.6 bar 52 psi if that helps

Angel Acevedo - 2/4/19 at 06:02 PM

You could perform the chalk test.
This will show Near Ideal Tyre Pressure for current conditions.
You may make a note of several loads and write down a table to elliminate guesswork when ever you donīt have a chalk stick or time to do it.
HTH.
AA

Mr Whippy - 3/4/19 at 06:24 AM

yip

Failing that just wet the tires and drive it over some gravel etc you can then see the contact patch on the tyre