Board logo

Heated waistcote
John G - 19/1/21 at 09:38 AM

Just treated myself to a heated waistcoat, around £50 with battery. What a great bit of kit. I can spend hours in the workshop snug and warm. Worth a look at. Over 5 hours with one battery, 3 heat settings.

jacko - 19/1/21 at 10:35 AM

And where did you buy this from any links as I’m 64 it’s something I’m interested in
Graham

HowardB - 19/1/21 at 11:19 AM

links would be good - I was just looking at a m/c top for the same functionality,..

tia

John G - 19/1/21 at 11:37 AM

This is the one that I purchased
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08LKWHN6X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the battery
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07R4YVBND/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The waistcoat was on a deal on Saturday so shop around. The coat has three settings I have been in the garage all morning on the middle setting and still warm. The high setting would be great out in the car or spectating at a race meeting in the cold

Mr Whippy - 19/1/21 at 12:56 PM

Now see that just looks too hot to be safe!

snapper - 19/1/21 at 08:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John G
Just treated myself to a heated waistcoat, around £50 with battery. What a great bit of kit. I can spend hours in the workshop snug and warm. Worth a look at. Over 5 hours with one battery, 3 heat settings.

Just need heated pants and socks and I’m good to go...

An old Marconi radar development engineer told me that he was a motorcyclist from a young age as it was the only affordable transport, he was an apprentice in Chelmsford and family was in Yorkshire, with his knowledge of electronics he calculated the resistance of those huge circular resistors found in the 60’s and wired 4 into the electrics of his motorbike putting one each in gloves and boots, I am to this days impressed.

Irony - 19/1/21 at 10:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Now see that just looks too hot to be safe!

Not convinced that battery is all its cracked up to be. Doesn't seem to have a pocket that'll fit