Board logo

Zetec fuel regulator o ring
pekwah1 - 2/8/21 at 09:17 PM

Hi guys,

The o ring between my fuel regulator and fuel rail on my black top zetec has failed.
Does anyone know where I can get one, really struggling to find it online or at any motor factor

It’s about 13.7mm OD, 7.5mm ID and around 3.5mm thick.

Thanks in advance
Andy

Sanzomat - 2/8/21 at 09:26 PM

Simply Bearings
Have you had a look at simply bearings? They seem to do most sizes and most grades

indykid - 2/8/21 at 09:48 PM

Your numbers don't add up which may be causing you some problems.

OD minus 2x section should equal ID but you're a millimeter out. Sandwiching between 2 sheets of metal and measuring the gap with a vernier or even a decent rule should give you a good idea of section. ID is easiest to find if you sit it over a mandrel like a drill bit. OD is the hardest to measure without distorting so get the section and ID, then search from there.

obfripper - 3/8/21 at 02:17 PM

IIRC it is the same seal as the top injector seals at the fuel rail. They need to be fuel rated to work correctly, the normal ones will deteriorate and start to leak in a short time.

Dave

Dingz - 3/8/21 at 07:27 PM

O rings are dimensioned on id and cross section 3.53mm is a British standard cross section size but 3.5mm would be a metric size, careful measurement is required. You will need a viton material for petrol.

spegru - 11/9/21 at 11:20 AM

Hey I have exactly the same problem. Fuel Rail/Regulator O Ring

Has any on got a source or even a part number?

obfripper - 11/9/21 at 12:42 PM

Try ford finis number 1665179 at a ford dealer or ebay, or bosch 1 280 210 748

Dave

spegru - 11/9/21 at 01:57 PM

Thanks obfripper!
Found on ebay using the finis number