Board logo

locostforum.com
AdamR - 6/3/06 at 11:57 AM

I'm assuming I'm not the only one that's been spammed... my email address must have been pilfered from here.

I totally respect anyone who wants to spread the word, but why would anyone use the new website when there's an established, thriving and much prettier site in the neighbourhood already? (locostbuilders, in case you hadn't guessed)

[Edited on 6/3/06 by AdamR]

zetec - 6/3/06 at 12:40 PM

I got the same. deleted never to be seen again.

UncleFista - 6/3/06 at 01:01 PM

I been spammed too, but I couldn't resist having a look.
Spent 2 mins there and read both threads I don't think you're missing owt

David Jenkins - 6/3/06 at 01:11 PM

We're not in the same situation as when TOL was going up the Swanee - now we have a stable forum (bar a few minor tantrums) so there isn't the same imperative to move.

Good luck if he want's to do it, but I don't feel the urge to move over just at the moment.

(The Caterham colours put me off as well!).

David

nick205 - 6/3/06 at 01:26 PM

I'm staying put myself

This forum does a good job of bringing people with a common interest together. I have got a bit bored with the sniping and bickering of late, but then it's up to you whether you get involved or not or even read it for that matter.

Nick

muzchap - 6/3/06 at 01:40 PM

As the moderator of the site says - its not an Us vs Them site - so why not affiliate with both?

If it helps the 'locost' community then I'm all for it... certain people have lost heart with this board - due to supplier flaming etc - so might be a good place to keep in touch with them on that board (if they join)

Co-Existence is the name of the game

David Jenkins - 6/3/06 at 01:45 PM

I doubt if I'll subscribe to both - I barely have time to keep track of this one...

Russ-Turner - 6/3/06 at 01:54 PM

What's the search function like?

David Jenkins - 6/3/06 at 01:59 PM

Redundant, at the moment...

andyps - 6/3/06 at 05:01 PM

Interesting - the email has not come from this forum. I can tell this as the message I got is to an old email, maybe the one I registered on TOL.

jack trolley - 6/3/06 at 05:27 PM

I got it - it had an attachment - so deleted pronto.

chrisg - 6/3/06 at 07:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andyps
Interesting - the email has not come from this forum. I can tell this as the message I got is to an old email, maybe the one I registered on TOL.

It's definately from TOL 'cos it used my old login name.

I see it as another welcome oportunity to talk crap.

No change there then.

cheers

Chris

steve_gus - 6/3/06 at 08:49 PM

a few years ago, on TOL, someone called chrisw came on and invited us all to a new forum. I for one said it was likely to be bollox and not worth joining. But here we all are today, and the TOL group that was on 2000 posts a month struggles to get 100 nowadays.

I dont see a problem in being a member of more than one group. you never know - chris might get fed up one day and just pull the plug on this site....

atb

steve