Michael Schumacher stand in for Massa
eddie99 - 28/7/09 at 12:33 PM

Discuss:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8172310.stm

Mr Whippy - 28/7/09 at 12:34 PM

I thought he was very busy being the Stig

balidey - 28/7/09 at 12:35 PM

My 2p worth.
I never liked him (not sure why, we all have our likes and dislikes. I love Button but hate Hamilton )

But, I would LOVE to see Schumi out there against some drivers now that never had the chance before.

D Beddows - 28/7/09 at 12:48 PM

I think it would be a huge mistake for him to do it - he went out pretty much at the top of his game and should be remembered like that - and for having the integrity to know it was time to go when he was still capable of winning.....

Button - has a couple of bad races and he's moaning on like a big girl again......... wether you like Hamilton or not you've got to admire the way he's just quietly got on with it in what has been a rubbish car for most of this season

DaveFJ - 28/7/09 at 01:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
I think it would be a huge mistake for him to do it - he went out pretty much at the top of his game and should be remembered like that - and for having the integrity to know it was time to go when he was still capable of winning.....

Button - has a couple of bad races and he's moaning on like a big girl again......... wether you like Hamilton or not you've got to admire the way he's just quietly got on with it in what has been a rubbish car for most of this season

well said

nick205 - 28/7/09 at 02:30 PM

Go for it Shuey

I think it would be boon for F1 to have Shuey back for a few races - it would certainly make me watch again.

Who care if he were to win a GP or not - either way you know he'll be 100% committed to one thing - the racing - and that IMHO is good for the fans.

speedyxjs - 28/7/09 at 02:46 PM

I never liked Shumacher and as much as i hate Alonso, i would love to see him in the spare ferrari. I think it would add another interesting twist to this season.
Plus i would like to see how he deals with racing up there with Webber, Vettel, Hamilton (hopefully) and Button.

eddie99 - 28/7/09 at 04:24 PM

I think it would be awesome to see a true proven genius race against all the stars now

zilspeed - 28/7/09 at 04:27 PM

Schumacher did what he did and got out with his life / health / family intact.

In the week where Henry Surtees died, Massa could have died and Alonso's mechanics screwed up so badly, I think he would do well to say 'no thanks'.

He's had his time and nothing he does now can enhance how he is remembered, but he can do a lot to tarnish an otherwise untouchable legacy.

chris_smith - 28/7/09 at 04:38 PM

i already mentioned this on this thread HERE

chris

RickRick - 28/7/09 at 04:49 PM

I think it could be good for ferrari too, he was part of a couple of reams that improved there cars quickly with scumacher driving them.

D Beddows - 28/7/09 at 04:54 PM

Do you realy think he hasn't driven the current Ferrari at some point already ????

MK chippy - 28/7/09 at 05:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DaveFJ
quote:

well said

Well said x2.

Also i'm fairly sure that schumacher did some testing for ferrari before the season started. If he comes in and wins a couple of races it would help button by stopping the likes of vettel, webber etc from getting max points.

Dave

[Edited on 28/7/09 by MK chippy]

dubstar_04 - 28/7/09 at 05:34 PM

quote:

Very well said but I must admit I would love to see some of the younger drivers up against Schumacher, that would make some interesting racing...

D Beddows - 28/7/09 at 06:07 PM

Has Valenteno Rossi got a couple of weekends spare? I hear he was quite handy in an F1 car..... much more fun than Mr Schumacher comming back

Is it only me that remembers the pantomines that were Nigel Mansels 'comebacks' btw

JoelP - 28/7/09 at 06:29 PM

i think its an interesting turn of events, all we need now is to get the musical chairs sorted and jobs a good un.