Board logo

VW Anti tilt thingy needs turning off..how?
donut - 31/7/09 at 05:19 PM

On a few occasions i have had the windows on my 07 VW Sharan come down on their own and the alarm blaring at 2 in the morning. I have a steep drive! Thinking my car is being done over i go out and find all is quiet (apart from my car!) This happened today while a mate was round and he is an Audi fan and said that it's the anti tilt alarm that goes off when the car is being towed away and can be turned off.

We can't find the switch and was wondering if anyone knew where it was before i spend the weekend reading through the crappy manual.

Cheers in advance

Andy

[Edited on 31/7/09 by donut]

Jimbob - 31/7/09 at 05:36 PM

Its possible that you need to plug it into vagcom to turn it off?

I know you can mess with other settings such as how sensitive the radio volume to speed is and other daft things!

I will try plugging my golf in soon as i can get hold of my mates vagcom and see what i can find out for you tho

iscmatt - 31/7/09 at 05:36 PM

call the local vw stealer and ask where it is? dont get them to lok at it though - but you knew that!

donut - 31/7/09 at 05:42 PM

Cheers.

My mates Audi has a couple hidden switches in the door.

I should have bought an Audi

adithorp - 31/7/09 at 06:45 PM

Is there not a button on the B pillar inside the car. That turns off the interior sensors.

Howlor - 31/7/09 at 07:35 PM

Why do the windows come down when someone tries to nick it?!

donut - 31/7/09 at 07:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Is there not a button on the B pillar inside the car. That turns off the interior sensors.
Not looked yet but will do.

quote:
Why do the windows come down when someone tries to nick it?!

It a safety device so if you have a crash then the windows come down so you can get out. Same applies if the car falls into a lake or whatever.

My last Sharan got broken into and the windows were down when i went out to see the car. I thought the windows were smashed but weren't.

AR-CoolC - 31/7/09 at 08:11 PM

The windows will all wind down if you press and hold the unlock button on the remote.

Could the button have got pressed in your pocket winding the windows down?

AFAIK the windows don't wind down in an accident, just the lock undo.

donut - 31/7/09 at 08:15 PM

I was told this bit of info by the bloke who took my car away when it got fixed from being broken into.

Could i have done it.....Quite possibly!!

rusty nuts - 1/8/09 at 06:52 AM

The early Sharans/Galaxys/Alhambra suffered with water getting into the ECU under one of the seats due to blocked bulkhead drains which caused exactly the same problems . Might be worth checking just in case?

donut - 1/8/09 at 09:01 PM

Mines an 07 but noted!

McLannahan - 1/8/09 at 10:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
The early Sharans/Galaxys/Alhambra suffered with water getting into the ECU under one of the seats due to blocked bulkhead drains which caused exactly the same problems . Might be worth checking just in case?

Passenger seat. I bailed a Galaxy out once and it had at least 10 litres of water sitting in it and the ECU was just drowning at the bottom under inches of filthy water....

An 1997 that one though, not newer like Donut's. Perhaps they've fixed that "feature".

donut - 2/8/09 at 07:45 AM

I have a steep drive and the car points downwards. If it had this feature of the alarm going off while being towed away, would it work if pointing downwards?

I'll check the passenger seat.

Thanks

Andy